N00b, needs psx help

Hello everyone!,

I’m a pc gamer and, I just bought a psx1 on ebay for my 14yr. old nephew for when he comes to visit. I had it modded for the usual reasons. I just burned my 1st back-up using alcohol120% using the copy option. I burned my legally owned Quake II as a test and it works fine. It can’t be this easy all the time. Is their a psx burn faq anywhere for backing up games??
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanx to any that answer,

Jeff in LA.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

PSX is pretty straightforward with any good burning software, just disc>disc copy. CloneCD, CDRWin, etc all should work fine. You might run into a few problems with games with Mod Detection, but patches are readily available in the usual places.

/MLS

Please check this thread

I knew it, I just tried “Resident Evil Directors cut” with Alcohol 120% using create image wizard and burn image wizard. and made a coaster Where does a n00b go to find out what to use when??
Just tried using CloneCd and it worked. Is there an FAQ for settings, patches, Protections???
thanx to any that reply.

Jeff in LA.

Originally posted by MLS
[B]PSX is pretty straightforward with any good burning software, just disc>disc copy. CloneCD, CDRWin, etc all should work fine. You might run into a few problems with games with Mod Detection, but patches are readily available in the usual places.

/MLS [/B]

That usual places???, I’m a n00b…

thanx,

Jeff in LA.

Heh, sorry I think they are considered cracks so I can’t tell you where to get them. Just do some searching on Google.

/MLS