Mysterious user claims Cinavia will soon be easily beaten

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Mysterious user claims Cinavia will soon be easily beaten[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2013/07/myce-logo-cinavia22-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Mysterious user claims Cinavia will soon be easily beaten

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/mysterious-user-claims-cinavia-will-soon-be-easily-beaten-69536/](http://www.myce.com/news/mysterious-user-claims-cinavia-will-soon-be-easily-beaten-69536/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Pretty much anything can be described in ten English sentences but this certainly makes interesting reading.

Here’s hoping this mysterious user reveals more as promised.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2708843]Pretty much anything can be described in ten English sentences but this certainly makes interesting reading.[/QUOTE] Here’s one sentence of something quite complicated. :cool:

[I]“This nation should commit itself to achieving the goal, before the decade is out, of landing a man on the moon and returning him safely to the earth.”
[B]John F. Kennedy[/B]
[/I]
Claiming something can be done is easier than actually accomplishing it, so I’ll wait and see.

Maybe Cienoway is the:

very smart software engineer and audio expert that was recently fired from Verance

So he is going to stick it to them . Good for everyone .

Or this is bargaining to get his job back . Good for him but not for everyone else.

That’s just speculation at this point but this is very open to speculation with the limited information Cienoway posted.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2708851]Here’s one sentence of something quite complicated. :cool:

[I]“This nation should commit itself to achieving the goal, before the decade is out, of landing a man on the moon and returning him safely to the earth.”
[B]John F. Kennedy[/B]
[/I]
Claiming something can be done is easier than actually accomplishing it, so I’ll wait and see.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! :iagree:

A lot of things are easy to describe but not that simple to achieve. :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]

I thought copy of Cinavia is already possible with DVDFab?

yep sure is with dvdfab you can created a protected back up disk with cinavia on it that will play on cinavia protect players

DVDFab must not do this satisfactorily for most people or there wouldn’t be all this discussion of cinavia . Everyone would just use DVDFab for removal.
So where is DVDfab lacking in it’s ability when it does this ?

I believe that DVDfab creates backups that will only work in certain software players and the PS3. In order to do this, it patches the software players (or, in the case of the PS3, creates a type of “boot disk” necessary for each individual movie). I may be confusing DVDfab with various other software options (I no longer use bluerays because it’s to stream backups to my Roku, so I’m not the most informed), but the point is that no company has come up with a truly effective solution. Cinavia-protected backups still can’t be played on any Cinavia-protected standalone blueray players since the protection was introduced, and as far as I’m aware, that’s most if not all blueray players introduced in the last few years.

My question is how do we know this guy is telling the truth? It could all just be a giant prank, couldn’t it? Not that I’m doubting him. It’s just that given how notoriously difficult it’s been to remove, it’s an “I’ll-believe-it-when-I-see-it” situation. As I said, I no longer use bluerays, but I believe DRM truly hurts the consumers, and I want to see it gone just as much as anyone else.

yes dvdfab creates a protected disk back which disables cinavia

dvdfab dosen’t actually remove cinavia it just make protect disk back up with all the protection still on the disk this is still good to put your blue ray onto another disk though to preserve the original

OK, this is how it works.

But without protection it´s maybe better :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s basically how it works.

DVDFab creates an AACS protected BDMV-REC disc which still has Cinavia but as the player sees the AACS protection it accepts it as a permitted source.

The reason it’s not more widely used is that only certain Blu-ray players support BDMV-REC and on the PS3, firmware updates above version 4.0 have closed this loophole.

[B]Wombler[/B]

AFAIK Fab can do a backup of main movie only, called M2TS-pasthrough or something, only a m2ts-file will be created.

Is that also possible with a Cinavia-protected media?

HAHA. Now every one will get his own story her on myce.com who will say that he can beat Cinavia?? This guy is nagging our DVD-Ranger team since more than 2 weeks and his solution he sent to us reports Cinavia after 20 minutes like every other hoax solution do, too.

The only thing he did is offense our team,spread lies and wrong information. The solution he sent to us, did not work. VEry amazing for a old Verance developer. Internal information? Nothing more than a Hoax. DVD-Ranger CinEx is still the only confirmed solution.

[QUOTE=DVDranger;2709188]
The only thing he did is offense our team,spread lies and wrong information. The solution he sent to us, did not work. VEry amazing for a old Verance developer. Internal information? Nothing more than a Hoax. DVD-Ranger CinEx is still the only confirmed solution.[/QUOTE]

This is the reason it is important that actual proof is provided fairly promptly.
Right now, all we know is that the guy “claims” he has a cinavia break.

DVDranger , I still dislike your attitude .
I haven’t used your software even the trial.
I have downloaded the audio/video files that Kerry56 did & listened to those.
As far as I’m concerned DVD-Ranger CinEx in not a solution confirmed or otherwise.

I’m not posting it again in this topic but if you read the other thread you will see that I’m begining to be as hard on Cienoway as I have been on you.
At this point he still gets some benefit of the doubt.
Two reasons :
1.He hasn’t made the claim for as long as DVD-Ranger.
2. He hasn’t sold it to people as software that is supposed to remove cinavia.

Cholla,
you wrote that you have not tested our solution but you wrote that it is bad. As I remember, CinEx is the only confirmed solution ever. Ok, on the other site someone claimed, without any proof, he has the soltuion. And you think this is more trustfull than an confirmed solution. Is this the joke of the day?

And do not spead lies. Our solution WORKS! confirmed by myce.com and other boards. Noone can offer any similar solution that is near our solution. However, I remembered your qualified comments in the other threads and this shows that you are a technical newbie and not 1% experience.

Before you blame someone or something, it is always needed to test it yourself. All other ways are wrong ways.

However, this guy claims to worked at Verance. You checked his Facebook page or other social sources? What I can see is that he works/worked for Sony, not Verance. Two weeks ago, he has posted on his Facebook page that he visited Verance end of October. Now he is a fired developer from Verance.
Do you really think that Verance will allow any fired developer to give others information? In my daytime job I have really hard contracts and letter of disclosure and confidential agreements. Sorry, but I do not believe that this is not done in a US company.

However, we tested the solution he sent to us and it do not work. Cinavia is detected after the common 20 minutes.

[QUOTE=DVDranger;2709200]Cholla, you wrote that you have not tested our solution but you wrote that it is bad.[/QUOTE]
DVDRanger, that’s a lie. You’re lying.

Cholla didn’t say “it was bad”. You’re the one who’s lying.