Mysterious Cienoway: FBI searched my house for Cinavia method

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Mysterious Cienoway: FBI searched my house for Cinavia method[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/01/myce-verance-cinavia-level3-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

User Cienoway, who mysteriously popped up on our forum with a method to defeat Cinavia, claims his house has been searched by the FBI.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/mysterious-cienoway-fbi-searched-my-house-for-cinavia-method-70856](http://www.myce.com/news/mysterious-cienoway-fbi-searched-my-house-for-cinavia-method-70856)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Strange issue. Where is the truth? This is a FBI case? Not a local police or prosecution case? The story sounds a little bit to “Public Enemy No. 1”.

[QUOTE=DVDranger;2722466]Strange issue. Where is the truth? This is a FBI case? Not a local police or prosecution case? The story sounds a little bit to “Public Enemy No. 1”.[/QUOTE]

Fascinating story and let’s hope the answers to your questions are revealed.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2722474]Fascinating story and let’s hope the answers to your questions are revealed.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

No, not local police, but FBI agents. They did not treat me too badly. They acted very professionally and never touched my body. Just took away my electronics to make sure I can not communicate while they made entrance to my residence.

But the folks raiding my residence were not so polite. Two seniors who are my landlord were taking care of a baby. They answered the door and was immediately dragged forcefully out and almost fell to the ground. They were kept outside the house for more than two hours, and were not allowed to get in to fetch a bottle of formula for the crying baby, nor grab a jacket for themselves and had to tremble in the cold while they ram-sacked everything in the house. More than a dozen folks holding automatic rifles fully loaded with bullets, ready to shot to kill at the pull of a finger. They know full well before hand there were just two old people with a baby and no one was armed. Just a horrible story.

And all these for a freaking 300+ lines of computer code that I wrote that I am more than happy to show and explain to a FBI agent upon request. It is crystal clean that the code contains none of Verance’s trade secrets.

And I am sure you called your lawyer and had a copy of their search and enter warrant. A judge had to have due cause to sign that warrant to search your premises, very strange for someone without a company or a sales force or even a webpage. What were the charges, experimenting with computer code? :doh:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2722529]And I am sure you called your lawyer and had a copy of their search and enter warrant. A judge had to have due cause to sign that warrant to search your premises, very strange for someone without a company or a sales force or even a webpage. What were the charges, experimenting with computer code? :doh:[/QUOTE]

I don’t know why either. I repeatedly made it clear that I never steal any trade secret from Verance. I showed them the 300 lines code program and they can see for themselves there is none of their secret. It was purely my own creation from my own brain.

I believe that they need a scape goat for the EPIC failure of their technology. It is easier just blame a former employee developed the method using stolen information. Otherwise if it can be proven that they know from 15 years ago that watermarks can not be secure and can be beaten very easily, then they are in big trouble themselves. So I can understand they desperately need to blame the technology failure on me. I am not responsible. The failure exists as a fact of nature. I merely discovered it by my scientific research. The truth is there are infinite possible ways to remove an audio watermark with little change of audio quality. That truth can be scientifically proven, I believe.

[QUOTE=Cienoway;2722593]I don’t know why either. I repeatedly made it clear that I never steal any trade secret from Verance. I showed them the 300 lines code program and they can see for themselves there is none of their secret. It was purely my own creation from my own brain.

I believe that they need a scape goat for the EPIC failure of their technology. It is easier just blame a former employee developed the method using stolen information. Otherwise if it can be proven that they know from 15 years ago that watermarks can not be secure and can be beaten very easily, then they are in big trouble themselves. So I can understand they desperately need to blame the technology failure on me. I am not responsible. The failure exists as a fact of nature. I merely discovered it by my scientific research. The truth is there are infinite possible ways to remove an audio watermark with little change of audio quality. That truth can be scientifically proven, I believe.[/QUOTE]

And we all wonder why the Tea Party is still there or why people want to overthrow the US Government. IMO This kinda raids just smells of grabbing for straws when they can’t even fix the problems they created themselves. I guess it’s time for the Repubs to take over the Senate and White house again seems people’s memory and bank accounts haven’t learned neither party is looking after the interest of the American people whom they are suppose to Serve and Protect.

[QUOTE=Cienoway;2722593]I don’t know why either. I repeatedly made it clear that I never steal any trade secret from Verance. I showed them the 300 lines code program and they can see for themselves there is none of their secret. It was purely my own creation from my own brain.

I believe that they need a scape goat for the EPIC failure of their technology. It is easier just blame a former employee developed the method using stolen information. Otherwise if it can be proven that they know from 15 years ago that watermarks can not be secure and can be beaten very easily, then they are in big trouble themselves. So I can understand they desperately need to blame the technology failure on me. I am not responsible. The failure exists as a fact of nature. I merely discovered it by my scientific research. The truth is there are infinite possible ways to remove an audio watermark with little change of audio quality. That truth can be scientifically proven, I believe.[/QUOTE]

I suspect that they also see this as a threat to their revenue streams as who’ll buy their protection if it’s broken? :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]

“I repeatedly made it clear that I never steal any trade secret from Verance. I showed them the 300 lines code program and they can see for themselves there is none of their secret. It was purely my own creation from my own brain.”

To Whom did you show these lines of code? You say “they” and “them” as if this was just some large single unnamed organization that is out to get you. Is that what you believe?

Were you attempting to show the FBI agents your code? Were you attempting to show the people with the guns who weren’t as polite as the FBI agents what you wrote? Were you standing in the middle of your living room with a sheaf of paper in your hand, hoping to speak to the cameras that were recording what you were saying?

When you say that you showed them the code you wrote… EXACTLY what do you mean? I’m asking… who did you show this code to? Take the time to describe the events around this. You apply a great deal of importance to the statement that you showed them your code. You didn’t just copy/paste it multiple times… you typed it multiple times, including the unnecessary reiteration of how many lines of code you were talking about. So, you think it was a big deal. You seem to believe that whomever you showed this code to should have understood that you didn’t steal anything proprietary. You say as much. Thus, I’d like to know exactly whom you showed your program to. Oh… and when, and where. As in… was it there in your living room? Was it in a court? Was it in a board room? An office somewhere? Two weeks before the raid? During the raid? Some actual, usable information would be good.

You know… facts. Details. The kind of stuff a programmer knows is necessary in order for something to work.

I think a key piece of information is missing here, that is true for everything.

They people at the top, or the ones who have a lot, also have a lot to loose, so they will do anything they can to keep it or their position in society. If you do not have anything, you have nothing to loose.

As “Michael Moore” said in his documentary (I am not a fan of his btw), what they fear the most is “the people”, the only real and true power. Once they are against you, it is game over, more or less. You can not win.

And not to forget, the devil is in the details !

:smiley:

Cienoway, hope everything works out for you. The force is with you.