MySpace music device: Would you buy it?

vbimport

Would you buy an MP3 player created MySpace? :confused:

I recently wrote about a possible MySpace music device, but am curious what the CDFreaks’ community thinks about it.

MySpace CEO and co-founder Chris DeWolfe recently dropped hints that the popular social networking web site may be interested in developing an Apple iPod competitor in the future.

Even though the company is focused on its recently launched MySpace Music service, “it’s possible” MySpace could create a music player, DeWolve said during the Web 2.0 conference in San Francisco last week.

“Right now, we’re just focusing on the service,” DeWolfe was quoted as saying during the event. The new music service launched two months ago and has quickly gainined new users, and launching a new MP3 player to compete against more established competitors may not be the best move.

It seems like trying to create a new device is futile, as the Apple iPod still dominates – but even if you can’t topple Apple, there is still plenty of money that can be made.

I would gladly welcome it.
I’m an avid hater of apple/macintosh.

While enjoying a cup of coffee with a friend of mine, we got to discussing the possibility of a MySpace music player. He mentioned the appeal MySpace has among high school students and young people, and said that they would flock to it.

I don’t necessarily disagree with that statement, but Apple obviously is the “in” company at the moment, so who knows what may happen.

I ultimately believe a possible MySpace music device will only come about assuming MySpace Music turns out to be a success in the long run.

Let’s just wait and see…