MyCE presents: Nero Multimedia Suite 10 Preview

vbimport

I just posted the article Nero Multimedia Suite 10 Preview.

Myce.com are proud to present a preview of the new Nero 10 Multimedia Suite.
In this preview, we will take a first look at the new features of Nero 10 Multimedia Suite

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/review/nero-multimedia-suite-10-preview-28341/](http://www.myce.com/review/nero-multimedia-suite-10-preview-28341/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

CUDA support is nice, but no bugs found???

I hardly can believe it…

It was just a preview chef, not a full review. This means basic functionality was tested, but not everything in detail.

Nero Multimedia Suite 10 is not available yet, however according to Nero, their Multimedia Suite 10 should become available today (April 12th).

Pre-order prices are $79.99, or you can upgrade from $53.99 (depending on your current version).

More information here: http://www.nero.com/enu/nero10-presale.html

Sounds like Nero’s got the full package-video editing, burning,and backup burning program,be nice to have.Keep on testing for the lastest.

Demo-Version is available for download now

Much smaller than the 1.8GB preview version that I downloaded on Friday

1.8GB? LOL. I’m still humming along with v8, so I’ll pass. Nero has become a real pig lately. I miss the slim days.

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2509510]1.8GB? LOL. I’m still humming along with v8, so I’ll pass. Nero has become a real pig lately. I miss the slim days.[/QUOTE]

Same here about the size. I think Nero Burning ROM 5 use to be a ~15MB download on its own and the extras such as Nero Vision and In-CD could be downloaded separately so you just downloaded what you were interested in installing/using. The current 293MB size is definitely quite large, especially for anyone on a satellite, 3G or RADSL connection which typically have a tight cap or very limited speed.

I think the reason they went the multimedia suite route is due to most of the basic burning functionality now built into Vista & 7. For example, Windows 7 has built-in data/audio CD burning, ISO image burning and packet writing support (even if rather late now), with the only things left specific to Nero Burning ROM being the advanced features such as disc file system options and the creation of bootable discs.

The demo version of nero 10 isnt that big, the file that Liggy got has all the extra features (templates, help files, and more) so 300mb fro a trial version it’s not that bad, but then again i dont care how big is the application, the only thing that i want is to work fine, and so far it’s working very good.

Yea, but you have to have xp sp3 to get it to work this might force some people to up grade and myce will probly be getting questions on it. I tried to install nero but the last time my computer crashed I lost service pack 3 and can’t get windows to upgrade it so I’m out ,I would of liked to try it.

Editor’s Choice for a preview? Sorry, I’ll wait for feedback from others first before upgrading.

Nero-10.0.13100_trial.exe (293 MB)

The Nero Multimedia Suite 10 trial version can be tested for 15 days starting from the date of installation.

AVCHD authoring and playback as well as MPEG-4 and BD-AV formats are not supported in the Nero Multimedia Suite 10 trial version.

Note: Download includes Nero Vision Xtra, Nero Burning ROM and Nero BackItUp & Burn.

[QUOTE=marloyd;2509671]Yea, but you have to have xp sp3 to get it to work this might force some people to up grade.[/QUOTE]

So this won’t install on my Win 3.1 rig? This is an outrage and completely unacceptable. I refuse to upgrade every time a new OS comes out. Do they at least have a version I can run from the DOS prompt?

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2509840]So this won’t install on my Win 3.1 rig? This is an outrage and completely unacceptable. I refuse to upgrade every time a new OS comes out. Do they at least have a version I can run from the DOS prompt?[/QUOTE]

LOL, ;), I still have a Win 3.1 rig running (no Joke), however it doesn’t burn CDs,

[QUOTE=H3rB3i;2509842]LOL, ;), I still have a Win 3.1 rig running (no Joke), however it doesn’t burn CDs,[/QUOTE]

You’re like Second Lieutenant Hiroo Onoda, a Japanese army intelligence officer who didn’t surrender until 1974. LOL. What do you use it for?

D-Day: "War’s over, man. Wormer dropped the big one."
Bluto: "Over? Did you say “over”? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"
Otter: "Germans?"
Boon: “Forget it, he’s rolling.”

My problem is windows does’nt download sp3 any more for sp2 64 they might for sp 86-i’m not sure.

[QUOTE=marloyd;2509904]My problem is windows does’nt download sp3 any more for sp2 64 they might for sp 86-i’m not sure.[/QUOTE]
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/learn-how-to-install-windows-xp-service-pack-3-sp3

I would ask if it is true that you may buy only the ROM program for less cost?

I use 6.6.1.15a and it is only 35 meg large size. Is 10 to use .NET and is even more large in size? Is it bloat and not as good as before?

Thank you

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2509857]You’re like Second Lieutenant Hiroo Onoda, a Japanese army intelligence officer who didn’t surrender until 1974. LOL. What do you use it for?

D-Day: "War’s over, man. Wormer dropped the big one."
Bluto: "Over? Did you say “over”? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"
Otter: "Germans?"
Boon: “Forget it, he’s rolling.”[/QUOTE]

@work we have a stoneold element analyser and its dos based software only runs using DOS or Win 3.1. The PC is a 486DX2 (I think 80mHz, HDD is around 100MB, don’t ask about RAM), The analyser is connected via a PC card (ISA port). The system has been build in 1994.

Hope V 10 is faster than V 9!
Wasted $100 on Nero 9 only to find that it won’t install on Windoze 7 properly and on both XP and Win 7 runs at speeds somewhat slower than a Glacier.
Currently still using Nero 6.5 as it works and in my lifetime.

Note to the folks at Ahead;
If it works, don’t mess with it! The last thing we need is more “Bloatware”, Bill Gates has already cornered that market.