Myce changes ownership

vbimport

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping to post this first, but unfortunately someone else was in front of me. I informed the staff yesterday, as I thought it would be good if they knew first and not be suprised :wink:

Since about two days ago, I’m the new owner of Myce. For those who don’t know me, I’m the original founder of Myce when it was still CDFreaks. I’ve managed the site for many years and couldn’t agree on the changes made. Therefor I decided to leave and a while ago I had the opportunity to get it back.

Unfortunately the changes I was against, also didn’t really improve the website, but it’s good to see that the most important asset, the great people, are still there!!!

Together with the team, the residents and all the new people I hope to bring a lot of improvements to the site, your suggestions and feedback are very welcome!

Yo Domi-

Welcome back!!

The site has lost a lot of the “zing” we once enjoyed.

No particular reason - looking at it from the user/member standpoint.

We have lost quite a few of the old contributors - some missed dearly and others not at all - and everything in between.

In any event - welcome back - if there is anything that I can help with - just ask-eh.

Great to see you back DoMiN8ToR but the colour of that username doesn’t look quite to me right yet. :wink:

[B]@Mike[/B] - Don’t worry Mike you’ve kept us all busy! :p:)

[B]Wombler[/B]

WOW I was sweating bullets when I saw MyCe has a new owner, until I saw who it was.
Can we go back to CD Freaks???
Good luck and I look forward to being a member here for a long time.

Great to hear!
In fact I’m still using the old CDF forums design as it reminds me of the old days.

I cant wait to hear what Domi has in mind for the forum, maybe a Vbulletin upgrade so we can see the full forum in V2.

Good luck with taking the site back DoMiN8ToR .
I liked the old CDFreaks title.
I also use & like the Google site test template for the forum theme .
I hope you keep it in the list.
Which btw is no longer at the lower left of forum pages.
I’ve had to put it in manually for over a week.
I never had any problems MP|3 or any of the admin or staff & expect it will stay that way.
Like anyone that has posted a lot I’ve had a few posts edited & expect that to happen occasionally.

Not surprised?! :eek:

I’m not easily shocked or surprised, but this one got me :p…although it did make my day :flower:

First things I noticed were a) DoMi’s appearance in the Who’s Online, and b) the fact that his name was in red, i.e. Senior Admin.

I’m also looking forward to great things forum-wise. Onward and upward as they say :slight_smile:

Welcome back :flower:.

You’re absolutely right. This site’s most important asset, the excellent moderators, is still in full force. Their talents for keeping this forum informative and enjoyable for everyone are second to none. As well as the knowledgeable membership. Too much of the time I spend on other forums is spent trying to keep the information accurate in the absence of moderators like those at CDfreaks(MYCE never worked for me, in spite of my avatar :bigsmile:). I come here to learn and share and have a little fun along the way when possible, I go elsewhere to try to straighten things out :rolleyes::wink:

Won’t miss the MYCE site design at all. A real eyesore to me, more likely to discourage new members than anything else in my estimation. I’m with Alan, V2 rules :).

[QUOTE=Arachne;2629200]First things I noticed were a) DoMi’s appearance in the Who’s Online, and b) the fact that his name was in red, i.e. Senior Admin.[/QUOTE]

Yep barring the typo above, that was what I was trying to say (it should say “right to me yet” above).

He should be dark blue as part of the ‘Management’ user group.

I’m also looking forward to great things forum-wise. Onward and upward as they say :slight_smile:

I have to say I’m really excited about this and I can’t wait to hear what DoMi has in mind. :iagree:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Welcome back, DoMi! :flower:

As the original founder, he started this place from nothing, so with an already active community here including staff as well as a huge growth of people on the Internet since the 1990’s “dial-up” days, I’m sure this change of ownership is the best positive move for this site.

I fully agree with his starting post here, as it’s these changes along with an unrelated “tipping point” incident (don’t ask) that led to me handing back my keys late last year, something I now regret seeing this change of ownership come. :doh:

I wish DoMi the very best of luck with fixing up the site, thankfully there’s little stopping him this time and I know he can do it.

WB DoMi :clap:

[QUOTE=Wombler;2629223]Yep barring the typo above, that was what I was trying to say (it should say “right to me yet” above).

He should be dark blue as part of the ‘Management’ user group.[/QUOTE]

Should be me making the typos, but I’ll let you off this time. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2629276]Should be me making the typos, but I’ll let you off this time. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

I can positively absolutely guarantee you it’ll never happen again (until the next time that is). :bigsmile::bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=G_Ivan Awfulitch;2629183]
[B]Can we go back to CD Freaks???[/B]
Good luck and I look forward to being a member here for a long time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=kg_evilboy;2629184]Great to hear!
In fact [B]I’m still using the old CDF forums design as it reminds me of the old days[/B].[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cholla;2629198]Good luck with taking the site back DoMiN8ToR .
[B]I liked the old CDFreaks title.[/B]
I also use & like the Google site test template for the forum theme .
I hope you keep it in the list.
[/QUOTE]

[B]Welkom Back :flower:[/B]
Im also using the old style

looking forward to the Changes :cool:
(((( from di )))) [I]still waiting 4 the Huggs smilie[/I] :wink:

[QUOTE=diane7;2629330]
(((( from di )))) [I]still waiting 4 the Huggs smilie[/I] ;)[/QUOTE]
Not in the forum group but here you go DI.

Domin8tor
It’s good to know who you are. I iog on under the name
zapem. I think you have a great web-site here. It’s very
informative,and helps a lot of people with their
tech problems. First of all this site has helped me a lot
and,I am very grateful for it. My only compaint would
be is the knit picking. Some in the forum like to say things
that push my buttons. So instead of getting mad like I
used to I just try to shrug it off in a humorous way…
Anyway it’s good to know who you are.
ZAP:)

Welcome again Domi.

We’ll see.

Yes welcome back Domi, Even though I’m not here myself Hopefully you get it back to a place to visit on a regular basis again. :cool:

The best news I have heard in a very, very long time. :bow: