MyCE Beta and MyCE Wide Beta are buggy and terribly illegible styles

MyCE Beta and MyCE Wide Beta are buggy and terribly illegible styles. :Z :sad: :frowning: They cause vertical scrolling problems and freezeups with my browser. After logging in, then switching to the Google or V2 style formats in the dropdown list at the bottom of the page, everything is returned to normal. I recommend that the MyCE Beta and MyCE Wide Beta styles be killed ASAP - at least, definitely not used as the new default styles!?

Added later: The V1 or Google styles are best. The V2 style has a problem with the width of the style dropdown list; it’s too narrow to display all of the style options clearly. So either the V1 or Google styles are OK, insofar as I can tell so far…

JohnnyBob1 thanks for the feedback.

Coud you please explain in detail what exactly is happening at your end? This way, we can fix it. If we can’t reproduce it, that’s going to be hard :slight_smile:

E.g. in my FF 3.x + IE 7.x using windows, I have absolutely no problems with both MyCE styles. They also run faster then the original CDF styles. So our intention is not to cause scrolling problems and freezeups and with your help I would like to solve all problems.

[QUOTE=MP|3;2460539]JohnnyBob1 thanks for the feedback.

Coud you please explain in detail what exactly is happening at your end? This way, we can fix it. If we can’t reproduce it, that’s going to be hard :slight_smile:

E.g. in my FF 3.x + IE 7.x using windows, I have absolutely no problems with both MyCE styles. They also run faster then the original CDF styles. So our intention is not to cause scrolling problems and freezeups and with your help I would like to solve all problems.[/QUOTE]
My comment was fairly precise. Vertical scrolling with both MyCE beta styles is jerky, slow, and often freezes up completely (becomes unresponsive) - requiring closing my browser. In addition it is the worst design I have ever seen for legibility, bland, sterile, too much white space, glaring, no dividers for eye guidance, etc. None of those problems happen with the Google, V1, or V2 styles.

Compaq S4020WM computer, AMD Athlon XP 2400+, 2 GHz, 992 MB RAM, two IDE HDD ca 800 GB total, two IDE DVD burners
Compaq 7500 Color monitor, resolution 32 bit 1024x768, S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR, DirectX 9.0b
(Compaq OEM) Windows XP Home (Version 2002) SP3 with latest updates, IE6 browser, Microsoft .NET v1.0.3705

What else do you want to know?

Still the same problem. If I lose my cookie it defaults to the MyCE beta style, which makes it problematical even to login. Clicking on the vertical scrollbar at the right side of the screen freezes my browser requiring an exit to recover. If I keep the cookie, it remembers that I’ve chosen the google (or v1/v2) style which has no such problems. So I guess you don’t care that a lot of people can’t use the site anymore because of the buggy MyCE beta style(?).

We’re working on it JohnyBob. Also, we are currently upgrading the mainpage, so this could cause some login problems at the moment.