MyCE as a company and some Stats

vbimport

I have been looking up MyCE on CrunchBase .com

I was amazed that it generates 3.5 million unique hits a month and has “70+ passionate voluntary global community staff members” . These are the people who produce the in depth product reviews and presumably help with members many questions.

The HQ is in Amsterdam.

There was no date on the company report, but it mentions a community membership of 400,000. I think it is approaching 500,000 now, so the monthly hits probably exceed 4 million!! Probably more voluntary staff also.

The CrunchBase site is worth a visit. It gives details of the CEO and other staff.

I am a newish member and found this interesting. I hope you do also.

John

Another site I go to for website information is www.alexa.com
There are a lot of people who question their accuracy, but at least Alexa’s data is open to the public.

Since this thread isn’t really a request for help, I’m going to move it into the Living Room, where these types of discussions belong.

I think this information is also available on the main page of this website :wink:

You can also check for information with the Dutch chamber of commerce (Kamer van Koophandel) if it is a Dutch company (such as MyCE).

There are other company profiling tools available (I sometime use them for work), but I guess they are not always free :wink:

[QUOTE=johnedlord;2566653]

I am a newish member and found this interesting. I hope you do also.

John[/QUOTE]

Hey John, I noticed you’ve been very active in the past few days here - I hope you enjoyed what you found out about MyCE.

At our about page, for instance here, you can see avatars and member profiles of the staff.

Recent stats, pulled from the forum overview page:

[ul]
[li]Threads: 282,419
[/li][li]Posts: 2,460,969
[/li][li]Members: 484,206
[/li][/ul]

So yes, we’re approaching half a million registered members :wink:

Thank you for pointing me at informative pages. It is not easy for a newcomer to negotiate a large site. Like a lot of people I seldom “read the manual”.

I have a good friend in IT. A saying there apparently is - Read the … Manual". Good advice I think. I’ll leave you to imagine the missing word.

Is there a breakdown, by country, of the approx 500,000 registered members? I googled this but found nothing. I would find this interesting.

I think it would be useful when making postings to the club, and to remember we are perhaps read globally and should be careful not to give offence. Some forums include a persons’ homeland adjacent to their avatar, as I am sure you will have observed.

Thank you again

John

[QUOTE=johnedlord;2567258]Thank you for pointing me at informative pages. It is not easy for a newcomer to negotiate a large site. Like a lot of people I seldom “read the manual”.

I have a good friend in IT. A saying there apparently is - Read the … Manual". Good advice I think. I’ll leave you to imagine the missing word. [/QUOTE]

No problem, I hope you feel welcome at MyCE- it’s kind off our ‘thing’ making people feel welcome here!

Is there a breakdown, by country, of the approx 500,000 registered members? I googled this but found nothing. I would find this interesting.

I’ll see if I can come up with a breakdown, might take some time for me to get this :slight_smile:

I look forward to the country/membership breakdown. The site software is so well written, and capable of analysis, that I would have thought you would have had this information readily to hand. I have not noticed much American spelling on the site, but have had a contribution regarding a question I raised, from a member in Pennsylvania, USA.

Your pseudonym and avatar are very well matched by the way Well thought out!!!

John

We’re a global community here so naturally our members use their own native spellings.

It doesn’t present a barrier though and if anything emphasises the cultural diversity we have here.

[B]Wombler[/B]