My writer is strange

vbimport

i have a wpi 8432i writer i have never heard of wpi b4 but i have got one and when the drive shuts it shuts and then immidiately opens again it will only stay shut if iprod the right hand side of the front and then it clicks and is fine and i also have to hold the right hand side in if i am writing at 8x but just untill it has done the lead in or i get a power calibration error could anyone please help me

Originally posted by adyo
i have a wpi 8432i writer i have never heard of wpi b4 but i have got one and when the drive shuts it shuts and then immidiately opens again it will only stay shut if iprod the right hand side of the front and then it clicks and is fine and i also have to hold the right hand side in if i am writing at 8x but just untill it has done the lead in or i get a power calibration error could anyone please help me

The lack of comma’s , question marks and other things that would make your post more enjoyable to read almost tended me to give no reply.

I’ll give it a shot anyhow…

If it’s still under warranty : BRING IT BACK. This is hardly proper functioning for any cd writer.

My guess is this is a writer that uses cheap components and mechanical parts. It’s made by wearnes , though wearnes.com doesn’t have any info of it.

Their website is www.wpinet.com.sg and they’re temporarely down. I’ve seen some firmware pages in their subpages though. here

Questions : Why did you buy an unknown brand of writer anyway or was it just part of the deal/package ? And why no manuals or support docs with it ?

the writer came with the pc about 1 year ago. It is out of guarantee.

what cd writer would you suggest i buy, because i am ready to

buy a new one, as its top speed is only 8x. i would like the price

to be £100 or less, and would like it what could i get for this, any

ideasto be capable of copying copy protected cds because i back

up my pc games.

is that grammar any better for everyone? Sorry if you couldnt read it very well.

Check the Lite-On and Plextor forums.
And don’t forget the reviews on the main page .