My worst burn ever!

My worst scan by far has to be with my new LG GSA-4167B. Although it writes very well via USB2 on most cheap media, it just hates CMC MAG-F01-01 (Value x4 DVD+R). I don’t care as my DW1650 and my Liteon 1635 both produce good burns with that media and the BenQ overspeeds it to x8 as well, it’s just strange to see such a bad scan from a writer that so far has produced only good ones for me. Anyone ever tried this media on this model?

:eek:

My 4167b hates all 4x media. It didnt when it was with firmware DL10, but since i updated its hated them. Producing very similar burns to yours. Maybe it will be fixed with a future update, seeing as though it was broken with an update.

I tried it with cheap x8 and x16 media and it burned them really well, it’s good to know it’s not just my burner. Thanks for the input.

There’s a few posting about problems like this with low speed media from December in the mfg suggestion thread, I posted one in there as well for Prodisc S03. Hopefully LG will improve things, though I haven’t retested any low speed media with DL13 yet.

My burn quality sucked on AML 001 4x DVD+R media with DL12 too (PIE avg > 500, PIF average around 3.50), my other five test discs on misc drives burned fine. I will retest that media with DL13 and post here for comparison.

Well, they seem to have fixed things with 4167B DL13 with this Kodak branded DVD+R 4x media, although the first test disc I attempted tanked with “INVALID PARAMETER VALUE”. As for this second one, it is now my best burn yet after being by far the worst with DL12.