My vista doesnt have system restore?QUICK question Please help

Could this have been a bad vista install ? My cd and dvdrw drives dont work but my old dvd cd reader works…

Thanks

Can anyone please help, I just want to know if my vista was a bad install due to not having system restore and my dvdrw not working? Thanks!

What version of Vista are you running ?, if you are running the Home Premium version then your account is limited even as owner/administrator :eek: … reason for this is Microsoft’s security for the avg user the way this is done is within the security policies the administrator account status is undefined and you don’t have access to the security policies in the Home version :frowning:
However you can use the system restore BUT in order for it to become active you must be logged on as administrator and create a log-on password for your account…(note)…you will have to always log-on using the password or your access to system restore will become invalid.

Im running Vista home premium and it worked you are awesome THANKS!:cool:

Yeah[B]!!..[/B]had a feeling you was running the Home Premium version :slight_smile: glad you have things worked out now :wink:
Have a nice day :flower:

There are some takeown & icalcs commands that help if you have Vista Home Premium & want to make it a lot more under your control.If you are the administrator
But I’m not going to post more than that because they can also lock you out if you use them incorrectly & then you better have Vista discs that will let you reinstall.
The first time I used them for a system wide take over I had to reactivate my account.

[quote=cholla;2236671]There are some takeown & icalcs commands that help if you have Vista Home Premium & want to make it a lot more under your control.If you are the administrator
But I’m not going to post more than that because they can also lock you out if you use them incorrectly & then you better have Vista discs that will let you reinstall.
The first time I used them for a system wide take over I had to reactivate my account.[/quote]
:eek: There are other ways to take ownership of the system without taking such drastic measures :wink: