My tray (TDK Velo model 24/10/40B) wont stay in and it wont read any media

Hi everyone I’m new here and am fired up to see this site and get some much needed help. I hope I can contribute somehow in the future.
Now for my problem. I own a TDK Velo Cd/re-writer model 24/10/40B. My tray wont stay in and it wont read any media. The problem started with a power failure in my apt. I went to the TDK site and downloaded the flash utility but it hasn’t worked. I then followed other advice from TDK if the flash didn’t work and it still didn’t work. I went to the Win XP Pro site for some help and couldn’t find any…I’m at my wits end and want my cd back…If anyone has any thoughts PLEASE help.

Thanks. Sorry I was so long winded errr I mean Typed.

D:(

Don’t think I have much useful input for you–but thought I’d at least welcome you to the forums. :slight_smile:

When you say the flash utility didn’t work, do you mean it flashed correctly but didn’t solve your problem, or do you mean it wouldn’t flash at all?

Have you tried uninstalling the drive in hardware manager, then allowing the operating system to find the “new” hardware on the next boot? Don’t think it will help, but it is something to try.

Check the drive and the ide cable for physical damage. Maybe try another ide cable.

CDRW’s are getting pretty cheap these days. Might be time to look for a good buy or a deal with a rebate. I’ve seen new ones that wound up costing $10 after rebates. Even the new Lite-on’s without rebates are only $38 or so at Newegg.

Sorry I couldn’t be more help.

Thanks for the welcome.
Sorry I wasn’t clear on the flash it poped a warning to select the drive to flash but didn’t allow me to select a drive. I then uninstalled in the hardware mgr and rebooted. Win XP found the cd drive and installed their drivers and it still wont work. I will check the cables…Hmmm I hope it works.

Thanks again.

D

Originally posted by Drewz
[B]Thanks for the welcome.
Sorry I wasn’t clear on the flash it poped a warning to select the drive to flash but didn’t allow me to select a drive. I then uninstalled in the hardware mgr and rebooted. Win XP found the cd drive and installed their drivers and it still wont work. I will check the cables…Hmmm I hope it works.

Thanks again.

D [/B]

hello drewz, if you have MtkFlashwin utility , u can use IDE mode and click the port where u have installed ur TDK drive. that is what i did for my dead drive . it is working fine now