My Toshiba DVD player doesn't read CD-R'S, why?

vbimport

I dont know if this is the right section but seeing as my Toshiba DVD video player is in fact hardware i thought this would b the right place, if its not my appologies to the mods.Hi, i was wondering if any 1 could help me out, I bought a Toshiba DVD player from the stores, it is a home DVD video player and not a PC-DVD ROM drive.

Hi, i was wondering if any 1 could help me out, I bought a Toshiba DVD player from the stores, it is a home DVD video player and not a PC-DVD ROM drive. The Model No. is: SD2109B

The problem is i have some VCD’s that my friend had ripped from his DVD collection and although my booklet says it can play VCD’s mine doesn’t.

I think its because my DVD Player cant read CD-R’s because it also wont player audio CD’s that r on CD-R’s but it will play original audio CD’s.

I was wonderig if there was any mods of laser tweaks that i could do 2 my DVD player so that it could read CD-R’s can some1 pls help me out here.

Thanx in advance.

Some lasers of DVD players (and some plain CD players as well) are not equipped to handle CD-R.
I believe I read somewhere in this forum that it has to do with having 2 lasers or something.

But I faced the same problem when I went shopping for my home theatre system. Luckily I knew about this problem up front and I was therefore able to find a DVD player that has both high quality and the capability to play CD-R

Thanx 4 ur reply Taxman

Hi, just a question, did you try diffrent brands of cds?

I do have a sony 7700 dvp, and it can read various discs, but those dark blue, and green disks (backside) are not eaten by
the sony.

Try diffent kind of cds. Could be that the problem is the way the discs were compressed.

Greetings

Thanx INSOMNIAC.nl ill give that a try.

I heard that silver disc’s r best,the blue/green ones should not be used.