My Tests with Dvd-Ranger CinEx HD

vbimport

I have tried many of the titles they have in the database I have copied to apple TV format many times and used it as a test format to see if it renders a decent Quality output Cinavia free.

I used TMT 6 for all the tests and the program worked excellent the sound is great not 7.1 but nice no Cinavia mutes ever.

Every thing is synced very well no problems there Video and audio perfect.

So Today I have tested a couple titles this time backing the titles up to a bluray to play on my Cinavia infested Sony BD player my first run I just backed up without using Cinavia module stuck it in the player and it was muted at the 20 minute mark.

Next I did the same title only this time I used the CinEx module and I am very pleased with the results no Cinavia mute at 20 minutes and the entire movie was fantastic in quality and sound.

To me this is great the only down side I can see is the limited number of databases for new titles but they have added a few more I guess Rome was not built in a day.

I took advantage of the upgrade offer for $34.99 for exsisting lifetime Dvd-ranger version 5 owners.

They no longer offer the upgrade from what I can see but the prices for a lifetime version 6 CinEX has dropped for $99.00 to $69.99.

I am not sure how the databases work but they do and I am posting this only because the might be a few of you that are interested in the program.

I am not interested in anyone starting another flaming war about the subject of how or why just reporting my tests and observations .

I really don’t like the owner much with his attitude but I guess I can understand his point of being hammered anytime he posts anything.

The important thing to me is the program works for me and I am very pleased if your looking for 7.1 audio forget it for now it suits my needs.

Regards,
ILLP:)

You should have also pointed out it only gives you compressed AC3 audio for Blu-ray, and no high definition audio (although I don’t understand why this is not possible as it could just give you HD uncompressed wave audio that Blu-ray supports)

@ILLP:

It is always a pleasure to see a satisfied, happy user. Nothing else really matters.
Nevertheless, I would never buy such type of software that is limited in use. But we all differ.
I don’t think that starting a thread should be done determining the main criteria as what kind of posts the initiator “is interested in”.

@Adbear:

I guess the “… if your looking for 7.1 audio forget it for now…” part of the intial poster’s sentence was meant to draw the attention of others to the fact you have mentioned. Intersting way, a perfect and known PR technique. (i.e. “It is not a Ferrari, but it has also four wheels”).

[QUOTE=Adbear;2723167]You should have also pointed out it only gives you compressed AC3 audio for Blu-ray, and no high definition audio (although I don’t understand why this is not possible as it could just give you HD uncompressed wave audio that Blu-ray supports)[/QUOTE]Your correct and all I iwll say is it works for me for what I need and the quality of the picture and sound is about the same as a standard dvd movie and I do understand that HD 7.1 audio is not happening but this is a start.

Aso there were no crackles, pop, or echos in the sound track of the 6 that I have done so far.:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Ulenspiegel;2723168]@ILLP:

It is always a pleasure to see a satisfied, happy user. Nothing else really matters.
Nevertheless, I would never buy such type of software that is limited in use. But we all differ.
I don’t think that starting a thread should be done determining the main criteria as what kind of posts the initiator “is interested in”.

@Adbear:

I guess the “… if your looking for 7.1 audio forget it for now…” part of the intial poster’s sentence was meant to draw the attention of others to the fact you have mentioned. Intersting way, a perfect and known PR technique. (i.e. “It is not a Ferrari, but it has also four wheels”).[/QUOTE]I would say the program with limited functions @ this time is more like and old VW bettle it has a ways to go but will get you there eventually.:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=ILLP;2723182]I would say the program with limited functions @ this time is more like and old VW bettle it has a ways to go but will get you there eventually.:)[/QUOTE]

The most important thing is you like your VW Beetle. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Ulenspiegel;2723193]The most important thing is you like your VW Beetle. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
:clap::clap:thanks for the laugh what a great reply…:slight_smile:

As long as its in English and I can understand what they are saying I am happy, I don’t think I have stayed awake for any movie in the last 10 years, not having 7.1 wouldn’t bother me at all, but with all this chatter you would think the world was coming to an end, there are 100s of programs out there, some better, some worse, buy what you like and be done with it.:flower: 99% all have viable trials. You wont lose a dime.:kiss:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2723195]As long as its in English and I can understand what they are saying I am happy, I don’t think I have stayed awake for any movie in the last 10 years, not having 7.1 wouldn’t bother me at all, but with all this chatter you would think the world was coming to an end, there are 100s of programs out there, some better, some worse, buy what you like and be done with it.:flower: 99% all have viable trials. You wont lose a dime.:kiss:[/QUOTE]I agree as long as it is in english and I can understand it I am happy I am not into 7.1 sound with 2000 watt suround sound systems I would like to still be able to hear as I get older too, old now for that matter.:flower:

[QUOTE=ILLP;2723198]I agree as long as it is in english and I can understand it I am happy I am not into 7.1 sound with 2000 watt suround sound systems I would like to still be able to hear as I get older too old now for that matter.:flower:[/QUOTE]
Yup, now everyone has turned into " Full Blown Bluray 7.1 audio or nothing" , I remember when the same people were buying camshots on 42d street and bragging about it. LOL.:wink:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2723200]Yup, now everyone has turned into " Full Blown Bluray 7.1 audio or nothing" , I remember when the same people were buying camshots on 42d street and bragging about it. LOL.;)[/QUOTE]LMFAO and very happy to have them…:smiley:

[QUOTE=ILLP;2723163] the only down side I can see is the limited number of databases for new titles but they have added a few more I guess Rome was not built in a day.

[/QUOTE]
what movies would you like to see in the database?

[QUOTE=ILLP;2723198]I agree as long as it is in english and I can understand it I am happy I am not into 7.1 sound with 2000 watt suround sound systems I would like to still be able to hear as I get older too old now for that matter.:flower:[/QUOTE]

Just the other day I bought a wristwatch to my collection with day and date function. Left the shop looked at my wrist and damn… I can’t make out the lil numbers and words on the watch.
So, it will be an old farts watch, i.e. I will have to attach reading glasses to the strap.

I guess I am in the camp of those who need reading glasses and don’t really care about 7.1.

[QUOTE=Macrovision3500;2723202]what movies would you like to see in the database?[/QUOTE]Every movie that has Cinavia eventually.:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Ulenspiegel;2723203]Just the other day I bought a wristwatch to my collection with day and date function. Left the shop looked at my wrist and damn… I can’t make out the lil numbers and words on the watch.
So, it will be an old farts watch, i.e. I will have to attach reading glasses to the strap.

I guess I am in the camp of those who need reading glasses and don’t really care about 7.1.[/QUOTE]Join the old Club it sucks but hey I am not underground yet thats what counts.:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=ILLP;2723207]Join the old Club it sucks but hey I am not underground yet thats what counts.:)[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately joined the old farts club years ago, but I belong to those blind, self-deceptive persons who think/hope “that I am different”. I am not. :wink:

[QUOTE=ILLP;2723207]Join the old Club it sucks but hey I am not underground yet thats what counts.:)[/QUOTE]
If I wake up in the morning, its a good day, above or under. Now staying awake through a 2 hour movie that’s a whole different expectation, but hey, half the new movies are animated with talking elephants and owls, at least they are creative. LOL.:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2723209]If I wake up in the morning, its a good day, above or under. Now staying awake through a 2 hour movie that’s a whole different expectation, but hey, half the new movies are animated with talking elephants and owls, at least they are creative. LOL.:)[/QUOTE]I hear that Alan1476 I sit down to watch a movie with dinner and by the time I am finished with dinner I am fast asleep some times I wake up with my plate still in my lap and the movie is over LOL.:bigsmile:

So,I’m not the only 1 with that problem then…:disagree:
That’s why the Cinevia removal is so important…because when Cinavia kicks in,and mutes the sound after those 20 minutes,I wake up by the bitching of my better half…:bigsmile:

Ranger’s solution facinates me…buy your movies and rip them with the help of the database. So, if you don’t
own the original title…your copy will be Cinavia infected. Another interesting way of avoiding Cinavia
all together is aquaring the movies of streaming services such as Vudu, Amazon, even the PS Store streams
do not use Cinavia. (yes I have confirmed it). What will be required is…recording it via "analog"
using video stabilizer or using hd PVR to record analog in HD and movies will be recorded without Cinavia. Keep in mind folks…Cinavia is applied only on optical disc blu-ray movies. Streams from purchased sources mentioned above & pretty much all streaming services you pay don’t have Cinavia while recording to analog.