My Sucess In Copying MOHAA And Renegade

vbimport

SUCCESS!

CloneCD 3.3.4.1

After lurking for a while, I found success. (also wasting about 8 cds)

until I dloaded daemon tools. Which rocks.

PRIM MASTER : Matrox 40gb 5400rpm ATA100
PRIM SLAVE : Sony CRX175E 24X Burner
SECO MASTER : N/A
SECO SLAVE : Liteon LT183L 48x Reader

Anyway, after Fiddling, I found out perfect settings for copying SD2 Games, with this setup.

Whether it works for you or not, is, well, your guess is as good as mine.

Read To File
Liteon CD-ROM LTN483L EL1P
Read Speed : MAX
Don't Report Read Errors : Unchecked
Read Subchannel Data From Audio Tracks : Unchecked
Read Subchannel Data From Data Tracks : Unchecked
Abort On Read Error : Unchecked
Fast Error Skip : Checked (only thing that is checked)
Intelligent Bad Sector Scanner : Unchecked
Fast Error Skip Settings: Retires:0 - Error Correction:None

Read to a file, with cuesheet. And TADA! Remember, Test with Daemon Tools Next. If it works. Start the burn, with these settings.

Write From File
Sony CD-RW CRX175E 1.0j (edit: I made a typo)
Write Speed : MAX
Write Modem : SAO
Simulate Writing : Unchecked
Buffer Underun Protection : Checked (If Your Burner Supports it, most new ones do)
Laser Power Calibration: Uncehcked
Amplify Weak Sectors : Unchecked
Don't Reapir SubChannel Data: Should Be Greyed out with SAO
Always close last Session : Checked

And It all worked, both the reader and the burner

NB: I can post some CloneCD Settings Files If You Want (profiles for burning and reading)

Any Q's Just Ask Me.

Thanks, HEAPS to all the blokes here, I lurked, I read, I researched, the search tool, which alot of n00bs could use, is wonderful. I think someone else suggested the same settings as mine, I can't remember the thread though. So all in all, thats what works for me, give it a shot if nothing else is working.

Thankyou CD Freaks

-Freak #181 dan :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh yeah, but no Success in getting my spelling right in the title. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s always good to see success stories like this one. Thanks for listing the detailed settings! :slight_smile:

does it work without hide cdr media?
I just bought the liteon 32x to backup mohaa and i have to use the hide cdr settings… which sucks!!

Originally posted by maxspeed
does it work without hide cdr media?
I just bought the liteon 32x to backup mohaa and i have to use the hide cdr settings… which sucks!!

Yeah,as far as I can tell, (I have only tested it on my machine) its a perfect 1:1 copy, but you guys say thats imp-ossible, so we’ll see later on when I try it on my dads puter.

Originally posted by dantheman65
[B]PRIM SLAVE : Sony CRX175E 24X Burner
Sony CD-RW CRX185E 1.0j
Anyway, after Fiddling, I found out perfect settings for copying SD2 Games, with this setup.

Read to a file, with cuesheet. And TADA! Remember, Test with Daemon Tools Next.[/B]
I take it that you have the 185, yeah? You don’t need to write in SAO or use AWS. The SONY CR-X185E3 (Atapi) is a known MOHAA (SD2.51.021) killer using RAW-DAO. If you had followed the instructions here you would’ve got the same result! D-Tools is no test for SafeDisc other than having imaged the file correctly (turning on/off emulation). The test comes when you write it and have to use AWS. You see, the image can work, almost regardless of the reader - reading is not the issue. But we know that a zillion burners out there can’t write the SD2 image correctly :wink:

[B]

Yeah,as far as I can tell, (I have only tested it on my machine) its a perfect 1:1 copy, but you guys say thats imp-ossible, so we’ll see later on when I try it on my dads puter. [/B]
SD2.51.021 features the ATIP check (since 2.4.x, btw). The only way around it is to not play from a burner :wink:

Thanks, nah, its a 175E, i Just made a typo. :frowning:

It worked on my burner, my reader, and my dads burner. So thats good. :smiley:

do u need dameon toolz to burn MEDAL OF HONOR

or could u use this settings to burn the game in clonecd

please help me

dantheman65

could u please post the settings for clonecd i would really appreciate this favor. Way to go to burn that cd.

Originally posted by haroon125
do u need dameon toolz to burn MEDAL OF HONOR
No.

Originally posted by haroon125
could u please post the settings for clonecd i would really appreciate this favor. Way to go to burn that cd.
The correct & appropriate settings are contained in the ‘must read’ links in my signature (as well as G@M3FR3@KS signature).

You must have an SD2 capable burner or one that works with Amplify Weak Sectors - not all can do this. The alternative is to mount the image in Daemon Tools and play from there.

I believe all the appropriate settings are in my first post. Just follow FutureProofs instructions, they teach ALOT!

I didn’t use AWS.

Just follow FutureProofs instructions, they teach ALOT! I didn’t use AWS.
Thank you! But are U sure you didn’t use AWS? Check the writers settings by right clicking and see if AWS is “allowed”

MOHaa

Sucess.

Used a liteon LTR-32123S. with no AWS on. Only thing that was checked was FES and I think hardware correction was turned on

Made an additional copy and BOTH, and they have been tested in 5 different pc’s!!!.

Havent tried with AWS yet.

what firmware did u use?

XS0K

The firmware that came with it.

Also Firmware XS0U

10 of em now…trashed, i will now used cdrw’s like i should have in the first place.////

anyway ive tried everything posted. i can read from file using clone4.0 and can patch with upgraded beta. i dont know how to enable AWS i dont see a promt for it, is that cause im in japan.??

After product…can install whole game on comp no problem , when i go to load and play in my dvd drive it promts with start up screen …play…install…read me…direct x…exit…ect i click play and it goes to the first medal of honor screen then after about a min pops an error message medal of honor has created an error in win/temp/ect… it the problem persist try restarting you computer?.. please advise i would be greatly indebted…i feel like im almost there…but run into a brick wall …

Originally posted by ambrico
[B]10 of em now…trashed, i will now used cdrw’s like i should have in the first place.////

anyway ive tried everything posted. i can read from file using clone4.0 and can patch with upgraded beta. i dont know how to enable AWS i dont see a promt for it, is that cause im in japan.??

[/B]

Yes it is because your in japan.