My Starforce Guide = 2 Months of intence Testing of Starforce

Starforce Workaround Guide 2.0

Info: The Reason I made this Little Tutorial is because there are so many bullshit guides to work around Starforce and the
bottom line is most of them don’t work, for the past 2 months ive been doing alot of testing with different hardware and ive
discovered a few interesting things.

As most of us Know Starforce is a Very tough Protection system but remember NOTHING IS UNBREAKABLE and that’s the truth there is always a way around protection.

Best Working Starforce workaround Software

Best OS: Windows XP PRO SP2 - This operating system works the best on many Machines if u dont have SP2 install it.

Best Image Mounting Prog: Daemon tools 4.03 - Daemon tools is the only one that i found success with, Don’t Touch ALC120% it
just Crashes Starforce.

Best CD/DVD Hiding Method: This one is interesting, I Tried using SF Nightmare and it didn’t work, I Tried Unplugging the Power cables to every CD/DVD Unit and that didnt work either, But i did happiness when i Unplugged the IDE cables to every CD/DVD Unit and left the Power attached, The Reason this works is because if the IDE cable is Still connected the Starforce will Probe the IDE cables to see if anything is connected - I bet your asking how can it probe them when the power isnt connected, Well IDE cables still send Small Electrical signals Even when No Power is connected to the Unit at the other end.

The Guide

(1) Unpack StarForce Anti-FileSystem Blocker to where ever u want Just dont put it in the Game DIR,
launch file SFAFSB.exe, Untick “Hide Dos Windows”, Then Click Install SFcure Driver, Click yes
to adding new Info to Registry when Prompted, You Should get a Message Saying 1 File(s) Copied,
if So Turn off System - If not Consult Trouble Shooting Section of Guide.

(2) While System is Off Unplug ALL IDE Cables Connected to any CD/DVD Devices and turn System On.

(3) Mount Image with Daemon Tools 4.03 without any Emulation and install the game.
-----------------------------------------------------------
YOU MUST MAKE AN IMAGE OF YOUR ORIGINAL CD/DVD FOR THE GUIDE TO WORK
(4) Now Reboot your system so Starforce can update its Drivers

(5) Start up StarForce Anti-FileSystem Blocker Again by launching SFAFSB.exe and Untick
“Hide Dos Windows”, Now Click “Start SFAFSB” It Should give you a Message “The SFcure Driver Service was Stared Successfully” If so Move on to (6) - If not Consult Trouble Shooting Section of Guide.

(6) Launch Game Executable Via the Shortcut When Prompted Enter the Serial Key That Came with your original CD/DVD and Click Check CD.
DONT USE RANDOM SERIAL KEYS BECAUSE THEY WONT WORK
STARFORCE GIVES EACH GAME CD/DVD A UNIQUE KEY
(7) Now 3 Things could happen at this Point

(A) Starforce will Freeze up and not do anything - In this case Just Unmount Image and it Will Say "Incorrect CD/DVD              Please insert Correct CD/DVD".

(B) Starforce will Say "Incorrect CD/DVD Please insert Correct CD/DVD" - In this Case Your Pretty Much so Fucked But              Never Give up Just Redo Sections of the Tutorial and make sure you have all the Best Working Starforce workaround             Software.

(C) It Worked and Launched the Game - In this case Play the Game if u could be bothered after all that Shit.

Trouble Shooting Section

Case 1: If you installed any bus monitoring tool (ide or scsi) such BusHound
uninstall it as it gives some troubles.

Case 2: If Starting SFAFSB Results in you getting a system error message like “System Error .1
Not correct function”, do this: edit boot.ini file that u find in C: root.
As boot.ini is a hidden file, be sure u set the system to show u hidden files.
Edit boot.ini and change the string with /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
to /execute=optin /fastdetect.

Case 3: Reasons for the “Incorrect CD/DVD Please insert Correct CD/DVD” Message and Fixes

(A) The First Problem is Could be is you have downloaded a Crap Image.
(FIX) Buy the Game.

(B) Second Problem could be Incorrect Serial Key.
(FIX) Buy the Game.

Case 4: Starforce Froze up and Crashed When you Tried to Run the Game

(A) It Could be Starforce is Still Detecting Anomalies In your CD/DVD Devices.
(FIX) Turn Off your System and Disconnect the Power cables Connected to All CD/DVD Devices Aswell as Disconnecting    
        the IDE Cables to All CD/DVD Devices.

(B) Starforce Could have Detected Emulations Used By Daemon Tools.
(FIX) Make Sure that All Emulations Are Turned Off, The Daemon Tools Tray Icon Should Be Red.

Notes

YOU MUST HAVE WINDOWS SP2 FOR SFCURE TO WORK
YOU MUST HAVE A GOOD IMAGE MADE FROM YOUR ORIGINAL CD/DVD FOR ANY WORKAROUND TO WORK
YOU MUST HAVE OS STANDARD IDE PCI Controller Drivers
I DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPOSIBILITY IF YOUR ANY DAMAGE OCCURES TO YOUR COMPUTER WHILE TRYING THIS GUIDE
This Guide Was Made By Crossfire

Conclusion

I DO NOT hate Starforce for Bringing out there Protection Drivers and nor should you
they should be RESPECTED because they were the first to bring out a Protection System that
Sent the Computer Gaming Community into a Spin.

To This date i have never and will never buy a Starforce protected game.
do the same and Boycott Starforce to Bring them down.

To This date i have never and will never buy a Starforce protected game.

Then your advice as originally written is nothing more than warez assistance and it has been edited and the thread closed accordingly.

Please re-read the forum rules that you agreed to when you joined the forum and also read this before posting again.