My Samsung DVD Burner doesn\'t like Lead Data CDRs? (Samsung SH-S202N / TS-H652N)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Samsung SH-S202N / TS-H652N. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have a new Samsung SH-S202N DVD Burner and an old Sony CRX320 CD Burner as a backup. I just tried making a backup of a studio session I did last week from a CompUSA (Lead Data) CDR. Using EAC, my new Samsung burner couldn’t read the disc at all - sync errors on every track (this has never happened before on this drive), and when I tested it with Nero CD Speed, there were tons of C2 errors right from the get-go. Just for the heck of it, I tried my old unreliable Sony burner and low and behold, there were no ripping errors at all, and CD Speed gave it a clean bill of health. What’s going on here? Now, I’ve never come across a Lead Data CDR before so is it possible that my Samsung burner just doesn’t like this brand?

Hi,

this looks like a media issue combined with the burner the disc was made with. Lead Data is not known for high quality media. And nobody knows what burner was used to burn that disc at what speed.
So you have a crappy disc your Samsung drive could not read. Such can happen. You were just lucky to have another drive that could apparently read that disc.

Michael

It was the first time I’ve ever encountered anything like this so I thought it was strange.