My router

around yesterday my “internet” stopped working for no reason… last night I didnt feel like messing around with it. So today i thought maybe it would have magicly fixed itself but I was wrong It is still messed up. so i unplugged and did all that crap and it didnt work. I unplugged the router and plugged my modem directly into my pc and it worked fine then but when i plugged my router back up i am not getting internet. Ive tryed reseting the router back to factory defaults and all that and it still wont work…

im sorry im not realy good at putting things into words help me out

[QUOTE=DJ B;2195953]around yesterday my “internet” stopped working for no reason… last night I didnt feel like messing around with it. So today i thought maybe it would have magicly fixed itself but I was wrong It is still messed up. so i unplugged and did all that crap and it didnt work. I unplugged the router and plugged my modem directly into my pc and it worked fine then but when i plugged my router back up i am not getting internet. Ive tryed reseting the router back to factory defaults and all that and it still wont work…

im sorry im not realy good at putting things into words help me out[/QUOTE]
Same thing has happened to me twice, both times the router went bad.

Depending on your Router and what company you are getting your service from would be needed to help.

Sounds like the router died actually. How long have you had it?
What model is it?

its a linksys wrt54g and ive had it for a while now… its not new

I dont know but if it did actually die i would of thought it would of lasted much longer…

Not now days,if you get 3 years your lucky,

Some of these reviews go from 6 months to about 3 years
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Linksys%20Wireless-G%20Broadband%20Router%20WRT54G:1990998359:page=user-reviews

ya that sounds about right. Id say at LEAST 6 months… thnx for the help guys ill look into this