My recommend settings for backing up protected PC games with Lite-on and CloneCD

vbimport

Maybe it's just me but I always used these settings for backing up games, these settings have worked for all PC games I've tried up to now:

Read:
Read at maximum speed
Read subchannel data from audio tracks
Read subchannel data from data tracks
Fast error skip, hardware error skip, 0 retries.

Write:
Write at maximum speed, RAW-DAO write mode.
Burn proof/justlink (if the writer supports it).
Amplify weak sectors
Always close last session

Nothing else checked, writing and reading at max speed.

If you get any trouble I suggest you also try this method:

Read:
read at maximum speed
Read subchannel data from audio tracks
Read subchannel data from data tracks

Write:
Write at maximum speed, RAW-DAO write mode.
Burnproof/justlink
Amplify weak sectors
Don't repair subchannel data.

Nothing else checked, use these settings if the first settings didn't work.

You may use a CD-RW disc for testing so you don't waste any discs.

I always read and write at max speed, it has never caused any problems for me. :wink:

Note: Some backups may not work in CD-Writers bacuse the protection may have built-in ATIP checking. You may try a new CloneCD version with the "Hide CD-R media" option ticked(You may enable it from the CloneCD tray icon in the low right corner og your screen).

Hide CD-R media and AWS(Amplify Weak Sectors) may not be availible in USA and Japan because of laws in those countries. The easiest thing is to change your regional settings to Canada or Zimbabwe or other English speaking locations outside USA.

Note: Some protections can't be 100% successfully backed up yet, to name some: Tagès, CD-Cops(and CD-Cops clones).

Is Clonecd better then say the current version of Nero? and if it is, why?

have you tried to copy tagés (motoracer 3)
imho it will fail. :frowning:

InSOMniA

ps: my backup of MOT3 is a coaster …

Yes clonecd is better than nero…nero does not support copying games with protection…With clonecd it creates a perfect 1:1 copy including the protection on the original and any errors the original has.

Originally posted by InSOMniA
[B]have you tried to copy tagés (motoracer 3)
imho it will fail. :frowning:

InSOMniA

ps: my backup of MOT3 is a coaster … [/B]
Mmmmmm…someone HAS beat the protection but it’s only an emulator at this point. You can read about it at Daemon’s Forum; it won’t be long but given the problems with originals in devices, it (Tages) ain’t gonna fly far.

Got motoracer 3 today. Will try to copy it soon. Tagés is a subchannel protection, right? Try with only read both subchannels checked and don’t repair subchannel data checked when writing(try my second copy method).

i’ve tried it that way.

–> shit fsck demo mode.

maybe it was a mistake to read and write with max speed.

so don’t try it with max speed imho it’ll avoid you a coaster …

InSOMniA

have you tried it now ?
does it work ?

InSOMniA

with fast error skip should you use software, hardware or no correction? actually if I selesct no it just reverts back to hardware as the 24102b apparntly doesn’t support none… also is amplify weak sectors needed?

Amplify weak sectors is not needed…
Hardware correction and read retries 0,otherwise your read will need +/- an hour to complete…

Try all those fancy settings with the Australian version of Empire Earth. Have now 8 coasters, have tried all the recommended settings in this forum.

I am stuck. Is it posible?

Drive LiteOn 24102B

Anymore sugestions. Or do we have the latest in protection down in Aus now. in cloney XL it reports read errors 99%

I dont like cracking, any other ideas???

You have a burner that only a few can do and that is burn safedisk 2.51 perfectly and there is no need to use aws,this setting is wrong in your case.

When You change to Software Error Correction-Clone reports that LTR-24102B does not support Software error Correction and Reverts back to hardware. Do you think this is how Liteon beats Protected Cd’s?
Cheers
megod
:slight_smile:

Have you tried Writing Empire Earth to Fast ReWritable, You will save some money. And if then you have Success, burn to CD-R.
This is how I back up the game I buy. Then I put the Originals in a Safe place away from light and heat. As you know games are not cheap in Australia.
Cheers
megod
:stuck_out_tongue:

I burnt 4 copies of empire earth LiteOn 32x12x40, they all work in other computers but mine. Settings were read sub data, audio , burn at max.

I’m from OZ.

Originally posted by hrb93
[B]I burnt 4 copies of empire earth LiteOn 32x12x40, they all work in other computers but mine. Settings were read sub data, audio , burn at max.

I’m from OZ. [/B]
hi that game empire earth is a (cd-check) settings in clone cd ie tick both subs and fast error skip
and bad sector sanner. and burn game

I’m using Clone CD 4 beta 21…but I dun see the “Amplify weak sectors” option etc…:frowning:

or the “Hide media” option

I’m using Clone CD 4 beta 21…but I dun see the “Amplify weak sectors” option etc…

Go to control panel and change your regional settings. Then restart. Open CloneCd and it Should work.

C4a0s,

You don’t have to change region settings if you use this nifty little program called CloneCD 4 Region Killer (CCD4Regkill). I forgot the site where I got it but it was a tip from OC-Freak (at least I think it was) and it works perfectly. Use it once and your computer can see and use the “Amplify weak sectors” and the “Hide media” options.:cool:

Originally posted by KenL
[B]C4a0s,

You don’t have to change region settings if you use this nifty little program called CloneCD 4 Region Killer (CCD4Regkill). I forgot the site where I got it but it was a tip from OC-Freak (at least I think it was) and it works perfectly. Use it once and your computer can see and use the “Amplify weak sectors” and the “Hide media” options.:cool: [/B]

Can you, or anyone for that matter, tell me where I can find region killer? I’ve tried to find the post you were talking about and couldn’t…

A little help, anyone?

Thanks!