My PX760 wont read or play a dvd that plays on my set top DVD player

Greetings,
I am really really befuddled. I went sky diving for the first time and got the dvd of it made for 80$. This dvd played on the tv they had on there set top DVD player, I then showed my friend on his home DVD player. I then showed another friend on his Laptop and it played perfectly on his laptop.

My computer is as follows:
1 NEC DVD player
1 PX760A Plextor Burner
MOBO – DFI Infinity 975 Rev B
CPU —E6600 L649G984 Prelim @ 3.3GHZ
Heatsink/NB Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme / HR-05SLI
RAM —OCZ Plat. Rev 2 2x1gb
VIDEO – Sapphire X1950XT 256MB
CASE – Lian LiPC-70USBCase
Case2
PSU – OCZ POWERSTREAM 600W
HDD —2 Seagate SATA 400GB
DVD – Sony, PX-760A
Bios 2/27/07

I do not know why my computer is locking up when I put this dvd in however the only other time I had an issue playing a dvd is when I tried installing the supreme commander game. I figured it was a bad disk and gave up on it. I am really be-fuddled as to what I can do to rectify this situation. When I put this DVD into my NEC drive it reads as follows:

G:\LG_COMBI_RECORDER
The two Dirs are Video_RM and Video_TS
I tried copy pasting them to no avail. The Plextor on the other hand does not read the disk at all.

Please tell me what I can do to get this work since I have a feeling it may be a simple setting on my computer I may need to change. Unless both Dvd players are dead. Which would be bad considering that my PX-760 is less than 2 months old.

Please get back to me and tell me what you think.

Sometimes when I try copy pasting on the NEC Drive it says " CAnnont copy VTS_01_1: Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy check)"

If it does not say that if I try to copy paste it will say:
“Cannot copy Video_RM: Cannot read from the source file or Disk”

This makes no sense though since it will play in a set top dvd player.

So I was able to get a computer to rip it to my external HD and I could burn the dvd. But this still does not explain why every computer but mine can play the DVD. Any Ideas?

Putting two optical drives on one IDE channel is never a good idea. Just my opinion.

Welcome @CDFreaks :slight_smile:

Do you think this is causing the problem? Even if one is not being used?

I have no idea really. Just saying what I would do. :slight_smile:

I disconnected the drive and it still wont play from that DVD. If I remember right though. Isnt the Plextor supposed to be able to Play / Read / Write on/from everything?

The Disk is a TDK DVD +R and on the right it says RW

Yep, that’s what it would be in my PC: Single Master (check the jumper setting, use 80-wire cable…)

This may well have nothing to do with it and it’s probably the way the DVD was mastered. Maybe it wasn’t finalized properly. VIDEO_RM indicates it was made on a set-top (standalone) DVD-recorder. As I said, I have no idea why it would play on a laptop and not on a PC…

Thats what I figured plus plextor is supposed to read and write on everything. I am quite befuddled any help would help.

ne1?