My px716a is broken. i'm a little disappointed

vbimport

it was a 0202 but the firmware was upgraded to 1.06

i’ve only had it 4 months and now it won’t burn dvd-r. i think it has problems calibrating the laser.

i used to buy cheap optical drives and only one of them has ever broken down(after 2 years), but i thought i would spend more on a plextor and get some real good quality burns.

i can’t say i was blown away by it’s quality (i didn’t even overspeed the media. if it was x8 i burned it at that, i was willing to wait for good quality burns)

now i don’t have a burner as i’m waiting for a replacement, i hope it is a newer hardware revision. i was a little suspicious at the ease of getting a replacement, they didn’t ask me to try anything to fix my problem, it was like ‘okay here is another guy with the same problem. give him a new drive’ (is it just me or does anybody else feel like this?)

anyway i hope the replacement is a lot better or plextor will lose a customer to benq or pioneer.

by the way does anybody know if my warranty will start again when i get my new drive or will i have lost 4 months?

thanks for reading my moans :sad:

You said it.

As far as I know, the warranty starts again with the new drive. If you are in the US and bought it from newegg, exchange it there and you will get a new drive, otherwise call plextor for RMA.

For me these were warranty months lost,unfortunately.
About Plextor RMA policy, for everyone it’s like happened to you

p.s.
when you’ll get,i suggest to test well your replacement drive.

I don’t think so… From Plextor’s Warrenty Information .
Warranty information

PLEXTOR S.A./N.V. (“Plextor”) warrants your PLEXTOR product against any defect in material and workmanship, under normal use. In the event a product is found to be defective within the warranty period, PLEXTOR will, at its option, repair or replace the defective product.
The warranty period for the Plextor product can be found on the drive specifications page, and starts at the day of purchase.

sorry to hear about your dead drive…hope you get a good one back.