My ps3 won't play dual layer disc

Hello! I’m new here and I need some help! I burned some home videos on a Memorex dual layer disc. It plays great in my regular dvd player, but my ps3 doesn’t even say its loaded. What is going on? Thanks in advance!

The only reliable DL media recommended around these parts is, Verbatim DVD+R DL…Might want to give them a spin…I play SL Verbies on my PS3, but if I were burning to DL, that’s what I’d use…I’ve got some backed up flicks on Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL, that I’m going to try on my PS3, and see for myself…

Edit: I couldn’t wait so, I just tried one of my Verb DL burns on the PS3, and it works great, no issues(knock on wood)…

You can always set your DVD drive to booktype to DVD-rom before you burn the DL disc and see if that works

[QUOTE=GJ;2240198]You can always set your DVD drive to booktype to DVD-rom before you burn the DL disc and see if that works[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what that means… :confused:

[QUOTE=maivocals;2240202]I have no idea what that means… :confused:[/QUOTE]

It means that you change a flag of DVD designation to be seen by a player as DVD-ROM. This can be done only on DVD+R or +R/DL, not on -R.
Burning software will do that for you, if you check that option. Also a burner has to have that ability.
ImgBurn is one that can do it for sure and I think Nero can do it also.
But I agree with [B]t0nee1[/B], get better media.

Yeah CDuncle and GJ, guess I should have mentioned that I use Imgburn for burning and bitset to DVD-ROM…:wink: