My plextor's been acting strange since i reformatted

vbimport

For some reason since i formatted and reinstalled windows i have been unable to burn at 16x without the buffer dropping to 0 over and over again, PR kicking in like 30 times. Burning takes about 12 minutes at 16x now :frowning:

what happened??? I updated to fw 1.05 and it was worse and i flashed back to 1.04…

did you mess at all with the hardware? (changing canbles, IDE, jumpers)

nope. ANd in case anybody’s wondering i’m using Mcc004.

Did i forget to install something? I got the chipset drivers… do i need application accelerator?’

Does daemon tools affect performance at all?

did you install any progs taht are not compatible with the plextor, like the applicator accelerator or nvidia IDE drivers?

Is DMA still enabled?

yeah, and it’s currently using UDMA 4

I flashed it back to 1.04 (original not Updated) , reinstalled chipset drivers and installed application accelerator. The results have improved but it still doesn’t seem quite as good as it used to be.

and for some reason I can’t do the media quality check at 16x even with mcc004.

I flashed it back to 1.04 (original not Updated) , reinstalled chipset drivers and installed application accelerator. The results have improved but it still doesn’t seem quite as good as it used to be.

In my case Verbatim DL did get worse…and after 2 fresh OS installation`s!
Only XP drivers and nothing else…

This happening after reinstall 1.04u… again, i get “bad vibes”… :iagree:

I think that is normal for this media as mine has never given me the 16x Media Quality check option with MCC004 and my burner is working fine as far as I know.
Are you running Raid and is this why you have installed the Application Accelerator? If not you don’t require it. You might try going to the Device Manager and uninstalling your IDE ATA/ATAPI Storage controllers and restarting Windows, it should reinstall all your devices atoumatically, if not go back to Device mgr, right click on My Computer and Scan for Hardware changes and it will install them. Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

I’m not running RAID arrays, it’s just that i thought IAA was recommended.

And i used to be able to run a 16x check on mcc004 before. Whatever the problem was it seems to be fixed now so i’m going to try 1.05 again

Stoneburner,

Did you ever resolve the media quality check problem? I’m seeing this also.

i have the nvidia ide drivers on a nforce 2 mobo AND my PX716a works perfect

when i flashed back to 1.04 (non updated) it was working again, but I am on 1.06 now and it is no longer working.