My pioneer DVR-111D won't work together with my CD-RW-drive

My pioneer DVR-111D won’t work together with my CD-RW-drive

I have winXP

I replaced my old CD_ROM-drive with this brand-new DVD-burner, and I can’t get the DVD-burner to work together with the CD-RW-drive

There’s an IDE-cable going from the com to the harddisk…

There’s another cable going from the com to the CD-RW-drive… This is where the DVD-burner also is connected to…

I’ve tried to have the DVD-burner sit alone as master, and it works fine alone

My problem is, that right now, when the DVD-burner is master, and the CD-RW is CableSELECT (alsp tried slave), the CD-RW won’t even open anymore! the light on the CD-RW just lights all the time, not even blinking…

And the com doesn’t see the DVD anymore…

Maybe i turned the cable upside down on the CD-RW once… do you think I messed something up there?

kafka23

You need an 80wire cable and the Pio 111D on the end connection set as master & the Cd burner on the middle set as slave.

Check carefully on the drives to ensure that you don’t have any bent or broken pins. Make sure drive at end of cable is set to master, and other drive on cable is set to slave. Then go into control panel and remove your primary and secondary IDE’s and reboot. Let windows autodetect drivers. Then see if they work, or if you still have the same problem. And one question? Both drives DO work when used as the only drive hooked up?

Ok, well Ive come this far…
Ive tried to have the CD-RW drive set as the only drive, but it did’nt work
Then Ive tried to have the DVD drive as the only drive, and it only worked with one part pf the cable… so… guys… do I need another cable?

Try your cdrw on another cable. If it won’t work, then it is likely a hardware problem with the cdrw. It’s likely that anyway, as it causes problems when you hook up your cdrw with your dvd drive, it hoses both.

Ok, guys, I think, you’re right…
Now I just think, that it doesn’t work anymore. Oh, what the he…ll, it doesn’t cost much, anyway.
Now, I just tried ti haev my DVD-burner as the only drive, which worked earlier… now it doesn’t anymore… It calls my DVD-burner a cd-ROM-drive… i tried to remove it from the device manager, but it didn’t work…
What to do?

kafka23

Windows (Under “My Computer”) will “call” it a CD-ROM drive unless a non-empty DVD is inserted. Device Manager it will always be a CD-ROM drive.

I think you’re right about the “My computer-part”, but I remember, that while the DVD-drive was working, the Drive was called Pioneer under Device manager…

Well, also under “Device manager” under My Raid Controller, the computer says, that I have en error… It says, that this part hasn’t been installed.
Can this have anything to do with my DVD-drive?

“Windows (Under “My Computer”) will “call” it a CD-ROM drive unless a non-empty DVD is inserted. Device Manager it will always be a CD-ROM drive.”

ok, I solved the problem, so now the DVD-drive is working again…
If someone feels like solving the problem with the Twain-driver, Ill be happy to hear from you…