My pc comes on by it self , need help to resolve this

vbimport

my pc has been coming on by it self , it has happened 4 times in the last few days . i am not even home when it has come on ,

i havent installed anything new or done anything different then normal.

i am running Win XP Pro SP3

I have no viruses or malware either .

i have also done a defrag to see if this helped but nothing has helped .

is this a common problem ?

No its not a common problem :wink:

What malware scanners do you have?

In network connections you can get into the driver settings for you LAN adapter, turn off all WOL (wake on lan) features. You can look through your MB BIOS features and turn any WOL features off their too.

Hi,

check the wake-on settings in Bios. And while you’re at it, look at the “restore after Power Loss” settings.

[QUOTE=eric93se;2506624]No its not a common problem :wink:

What malware scanners do you have?

In network connections you can get into the driver settings for you LAN adapter, turn off all WOL (wake on lan) features. You can look through your MB BIOS features and turn any WOL features off their too.[/QUOTE]

i have spybot , and avast .

i dont have anything running on LAN .
i am on dial up internet , and i have no network connections going .

[QUOTE=Evil Seo Spammer;2506653]Hi,

check the wake-on settings in Bios. And while you’re at it, look at the “restore after Power Loss” settings.[/QUOTE]

i am not too firmilar with bios setteings.

and i dont know why this would suddenly happen without me chnging anything previously .

[QUOTE=ghosts;2506698]i am not too firmilar with bios setteings.

and i dont know why this would suddenly happen without me chnging anything previously .[/QUOTE]

You need to check to see if wakup settings is set in the Bios cause your computer can have that feature. So you will need to know what keys to press to get into the Bios and go to the wakeup feature and see if any of those wakeup feature is set and disable them. Since you didn’t give us any specs you will have to get out your users’ manual and read through it and find the settings for your Bios. Usually coming back or powering itself on means a wake-on feature is set and all it takes is a signal or touch of keyboard or mouse to kick the computer on.