My next Cd Burner?

vbimport

I was wondering what writer to get next as my trusted Yamaha 2100 has finally broke. I was thinking about a Lite-on LTR-40125S
which writes at 40x, I can pick one up for around £90. Anyone got any better ideas of what writer I should be buying ?

Cheers.

Do some research in our forums dude

Ok I will but whats your opinion m8

Cheers

All pros and cons are discussed quite extensively in the different forums here (hardware, Plextor, LiteOn)

I will not elaborate on this, because it has been done many many many times before.

In short:
Audio: Plextor
Copy protected stuff: LiteOn

It all depends on what you want to use it for

LiteOn makes some great CD Recorders and I would guarantee that the LiteOn 40x12x48x Burner would be my second choice. I have to recommend that you read about the TEAC 40x12x48x Burner though, because it is a little faster (writing, rewriting, and seek times) and it also supports Mount Rainer out of the box.

Go read the Review:
cdfreaks.com
CDRLabs.com

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

EDIT: Also, the cdrinfo.com review should be released soon!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DamianG123
[B]LiteOn makes some great CD Recorders and I would guarantee that the LiteOn 40x12x48x Burner would be my second choice. I have to recommend that you read about the TEAC 40x12x48x Burner though, because it is a little faster (writing, rewriting, and seek times) and it also supports Mount Rainer out of the box.

I read the review of it and it looks pretty good, altough I dont see all the fuss over it supporting Mount Rainer. It seems dead fast at writing but it doesnt support ‘Correct EFM Encoding’ which is a slight down side.

By the way, anyone no where you get those special blank discs from like in the review

Originally posted by bigbadbaugh
It seems dead fast at writing but it doesnt support ‘Correct EFM Encoding’ which is a slight down side.

Not a problem if you don’t need to backup SD2.51 games.

My recommendations (based on review I’ve read and forums):
Teac 40x12x48: super overal burn quality, esp. audio; high build quality; great price for a brand name/high quality drive
LiteOn 40x1248: good price/performance ratio; handles most copy protection schemes
CyberDrive 36x1248: best price/performance ratio; build quality and burn quality as good as LiteOn if not better; may handle most copy protections as well (I’ve seen conflicting reports)

wait for the liteon 48x - the other liteon’s have been fast, reliable, cheap, and all roung a great burnere - with my 24x i stil haven’t had a coaster.

As for audio cd’s , it has a bad reputation, but i 've never had any problems :slight_smile:

I mainly write audio but need to copy games with protection on to, so a good alrounder is what I am looking for.

if u wanna copy games it is probably gonna have to be the liteon [there are a few alternatives] but they’re cheap as well!

to see the “alternatives”, look for the “EFM encoding of regular bit patterns perfectly” at www.elby.org