My new LiteOn IHAS324-09 A 24x Internal DVD/CD Writer's Drivers fail to load :-(

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On iHAS324. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hello everyone. Hoping to get some help here.

I just purchased a LiteOn IHAS324-09 A and when I hooked it up to my computer Vista recognizes it but always fails to load the drivers.

In my device manager it shows up as “ATAPI IHAS324 A ATA Device” but right underneathe it, it has another one that says “VAZE HUV0PQBOL SCSI CdRom Device”

Both of them have yellow exclaimation points on them. When I clicked to update drivers, it came back as they were already up to date.

I checked the connections and they are hooked up properly and there is power to it as well.

It recognizes it in my bios and is set to SATA IDE.

My systems specs are…

AMD Athelon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000= 3.11 GHz
4.00 GB RAM
32 Bit OS

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Z

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=Thehaunted9;2449134]
In my device manager it shows up as “ATAPI IHAS324 A ATA Device” but right underneathe it, it has another one that says “VAZE HUV0PQBOL SCSI CdRom Device” [/quote]The latter is a virtual drive installed by software like Deamon Tools, Alcohol and similar.

Both of them have yellow exclaimation points on them. When I clicked to update drivers, it came back as they were already up to date.
What error message exactly?

My crystal ball thinks, this MSKB article could help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

Michael

Your crystal ball was right… :slight_smile: Problem fixed. Thx alot man.

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Michael