My new build

vbimport

I am waiting on my 2 HDD’s and my RAM but here it is.

Well it is all up and ready as soon as I get my RAM and my Hard Drives but here it is:

[ul]
[li] ASUS P7P55D-E Motherboard
[/li][li] Thermaltake Black Widow TR2 RX 850 watt PSU
[/li][li] Thermaltake Armor MX+
[/li][li] 2x - CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
[/li][li] 2 - One Terrabyte Hard Drives 32MB Cache (7200 RPM)
[/li][li] Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor
[/li][li] Thermaltake CLP0533 70mm 1 Ball Bearing CPU Cooler
[/li][li] XFX HD-577A-ZNDC Radeon HD 5770 XXX Edition 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
[/li][/ul]

The 2 stickers are - 1 the i5 CPU and the other is Heatsink fan. Surprised I didn’t get a ATI graphics card one. Just waiting on Thursday to get my HDD’s and my RAM. Then I can install the OS and fire it up. Looks like I need to wipe my fan off too.

Wow, congrats, she’s a beauty!

Looks good, the 750 cpu is probably the best all around cpu to get. What model HDD’s did you get?

If you got the WD Caviar Black, then it is unsuitable for a RAID array due to the power spin-down feature that’s permanently enabled in the drive’s firmware. This spindown - which would occur as frequently as possible, even when Windows is still running - would result in the drive(s) taking much too long to spin back up. This, in turn, would result in the RAID controller reporting the drives as “failed” even though they are both still good! As a result, all of the data on both drives in the array would be “permanently” lost, and cannot be recovered except by astronomically expensive data recovery services. (Sadly, the WD Black is not the only WD drive which suffers from this problem; the WD Green and newer revisions of the WD Blue also suffer from this problem.) The only way to prevent this (if you choose WD) would have been to purchase the RE editions of the drives, which currently cost as much as 40 to 50 percent higher per TB than comparably-sized consumer drives from other brands. However, if you did in fact get the WD Black, then just simply set them up as two separate volumes without RAID.

Thanks this was one of my favorite builds.

[QUOTE=eric93se;2499946]Looks good, the 750 cpu is probably the best all around cpu to get. What model HDD’s did you get?[/QUOTE]

I thought so too on the CPU.

I got these - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152185

[QUOTE=RJL65;2499949]If you got the WD Caviar Black, then it is unsuitable for a RAID array due to the power spin-down feature that’s permanently enabled in the drive’s firmware. This spindown - which would occur as frequently as possible, even when Windows is still running - would result in the drive(s) taking much too long to spin back up. This, in turn, would result in the RAID controller reporting the drives as “failed” even though they are both still good! As a result, all of the data on both drives in the array would be “permanently” lost, and cannot be recovered except by astronomically expensive data recovery services. (Sadly, the WD Black is not the only WD drive which suffers from this problem; the WD Green and newer revisions of the WD Blue also suffer from this problem.) The only way to prevent this (if you choose WD) would have been to purchase the RE editions of the drives, which currently cost as much as 40 to 50 percent higher per TB than comparably-sized consumer drives from other brands. However, if you did in fact get the WD Black, then just simply set them up as two separate volumes without RAID.[/QUOTE]

I got these - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152185 I am not going to use RAID. I almost got those drive instead though.

Looks nice Who. As far as the parts, i am out of the loop anymore.

Do those newer Armor cases have the big fan on the side like the older ones do?

[QUOTE=Bob;2500018]Looks nice Who. As far as the parts, i am out of the loop anymore.

Do those newer Armor cases have the big fan on the side like the older ones do?[/QUOTE]

Yes see here -

Thermaltake Armor+MX (I have this one) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133062

The other Armor one doesn’t look like it has the same big fan as I do.

I hope you enjoy your new build and everything meets your needs.

The Thermaltake Armor+MX is a nice mid-tower case, based off of the Cooler Master 932 series design.

With all these new builds going on it makes me want to build again:), although it will most likely be a couple of years away. I have other toys that I want first.

:cool::cool:

Thanks Plat. I want to do another but that will take place 3+ years from today. I get my HDD’s and RAM Today so I will spend most of the day tomorrow installing the OS and all my apps. Thought I would share as Dee posted that build they did. I know it is far better than mine but I share little here as I am learning all this new HD Information you have here on the forum. 3-D TV is on my list to get this year if possible.

Nice build [B]Dr. Who.[/B]
I would [B]NOT[/B] say my build is better, it’s just different. It would be very boring if we all bought the same things, and personal preference didn’t come into things. :slight_smile:
The Core i5 is a very strong CPU though.
Do you plan on overclocking it?

I may test it Dee but I doubt I’ll leave it OC’d. I know I can get the 1600 RAM OC @ 2200 for sure from reading.

Board or RAM might be DOA going to troubleshoot more today and see.

Hope you got it figured out Dr. Who, any updates?

Ahh, I didn’t see your post Dr. Who. Did you try resetting the bios’s cmos? Also try booting with one stick of ram, then flash to the latest bios.

Sorry folks I ordered another board (same one) it worked. Yes I went through all the basics and advance trouble shooting. The ASUS guys said it was a bad board.

Is that this board Dr. Who

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131621

Close I have the P7P55D-E They are very close though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131620R

Looking Good Dr Who :smiley:

I got the ASUS P7P55D for my new build

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131404

I went with the i5-750 Lynnfield also, should have mine by the end of this week.

Is it up and running good with the new board?Anymore problems with your new build.

Running smooth as a baby butt bean.

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;2505359]Running smooth as a baby butt bean.[/QUOTE]

That’s good to know :smiley: