My Nero...My Nero/Joe

vbimport

Hi all,

I’m not sure if I’m in the right forum, but I’m going to try anyway.
I just purchase this burner, NERO, it’s called, and it seems alright and all, but does anyone know how I could burn - or should I say - RIP many different song to one CD?

The CD I’m putting in my E Drive to burn w/ is a phillips CD-R 80 52x 700MB. I’m not one to know a lot about this technology, but I thought it should have been fairly easy. I get to burn one, but when I remove the current CD and place it with another one while the CD in the E-drive is waiting, I get a mssg. saying, The *THE COMPILATION CANNOT BE WRITTEN ON THIS KIND OF CD, PLEASE INSERT A DISC OF THE CORRECT TYPE OR MODIFY THE SETTINGS OF YOU COMPILATON WITH THE CURRENT DISC.

I know I’ve done it before, but I don’t remember how. Can anyone help me and explain to me what am I doing wrong.

Thanks all for your help.

Joe

Hi there JoeA , welcome to the forum ,

I just purchase this burner, NERO, it’s called

I think your writing software is called Nero.

The CD I’m putting in my E Drive to burn w/ is a phillips CD-R 80 52x 700MB

Seems ok , Nero should accept this easiliy. Your writer must be capable of writing 80 mintes cd’s of course. I think all writers from 2003 and 2004 can do that :slight_smile:

The *THE COMPILATION CANNOT BE WRITTEN ON THIS KIND OF CD, PLEASE INSERT A DISC OF THE CORRECT TYPE OR MODIFY THE SETTINGS OF YOU COMPILATON WITH THE CURRENT DISC.

Seems you made some other setting in Nero than to copy some audio tracks. The audio cd could also be protected. Is it still possible to backup the entire cd ?

Thank you Mr. Belvedere,

You’re probably right. I must have things set up all wrong.
When you say: backup the entire cd , what does that exactly mean? I don’t think I want to back-up the entire CD, I just want to rip one song out of there. And, how should my settings be so that I could Rip them good?

Like I said, I start out buring one, then the other doesn’t burn after I attept it. I’ve done this in the past then the darn thing doesn’t let me burn another. I’m just going through CDs trying to figure it out. Any light to the situation will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Joe

I think it would be best to first rip the songs you want on a harddisk and then select those files in Nero to make a new fresh compilation.

You can use ExactAudioCopy (CardWare) to extract your own selection of tracks from a cd.

After that’s done , you fire up Nero , select the " Audio Cd " template and drag those files on the compilation.