My Movies 2 movie manager plug-in for MCE rollup 2

I would like to put in a plug here, for the hard working Brian Binnerup, creator of my #1 favorite Media Center Edition plug-in - My Movies. With this freeware (donations gladly accepted) application, you can easily catalog all of your DVD movies with automatically downloaded data from the internet. Once in the Excel database, you can then browse for movies, by actors, directors, genre, even create catagories, such as hoiday movies, using a very noce MCE style interface. The software will alow you to index any DVD movies you have, regardless if they are online (as a ripped DVD located on your hard disc drive) or offline, still in the DVD form. You can even "hide" movies with the included parental controls feature.

ADVERTISEMENT

The software works seamlessly with Slysofts AnyDVD for ripping DVD movie content that is encrypted to your hard disc and the task is automated within the My Movies 2 program once this application is added. After a DVD is inserted in your HTPC, My Movies asks if you want to add it to your database, or copy it to your hard disc drive. In either case, you are guided through a few wizard like screens and the movie is automagically added to your collection! Now, you can put that disc away for safe keeping, yet watch the film whenever you want.

The software looks great on the MCE 10 foot interface and frankly, makes upgrading a PC to this OS seem worthwhile. You can also go into the normal XP interface and fire up the application known as "Manage Collection" and edit or modify delte update to your hearts content.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

You can share the movie database amongst other MCE computers on your network, which is really cool. Recently, my family visited and within minutes they could all search, find and play movies on the HTPC, all just by using the remote.

Currently, beta testing is in progress for a version of the software that will be used in Vista. Those of you that are using MCE 2005 with Rollup 2, can visit the site here to find more information and a download. You wont regret it!

Source: MyMovies

No posts to display