My monitor is too dark

I am using a dell e152fp and it is too dark. I have had the computer for about 2 years and it was fine when I got it. Not it is too dark and the settings on the montior (brightness/contrast) are at 100%. I tried my older dell monitor and it was just fine, but with the dell e152fp it is too dark. Can anyone help me?

Is it a CRT? Go through driver settings for your videocard. Many allow to change brightness/contrast from there.

…or it could be the fact that your monitor really is dying.
//Danne

LCD backlights become dim over time, although two years is a little early for it to happen.

You can have it repaired, if it’s under warranty; otherwise, it’s probably wiser to get a new 17" or 19" monitor. It will have more pixels and better specs than a two-year old monitor, not to mention higher brightness.

I have had same problem …i think its the Gamma setting on your computer… if you go to appearance and personalization setting in control panel then look for maybe adobe gamma wizard setting?..box should come up taking you through steps when you get to box that sez " You can choose to work a different white poiunt than your monitors hardware setting" you should choose same as hardware… as it may have been changed over few years with software u have added. so click on same as hardware and your screen should brighten up instantly.

it would be the white point setting on your computer. I have been watching vids off of youtube and thyve been so dark and now its lit up like crimbo tree

I have had same problem …i think its the Gamma setting on your computer… if you go to appearance and personalization setting in control panel then look for maybe adobe gamma wizard setting?..box should come up taking you through steps when you get to box that sez " You can choose to work a different white poiunt than your monitors hardware setting" you should choose same as hardware… as it may have been changed over few years with software u have added. so click on same as hardware and your screen should brighten up instantly. go to gamma setting wizard box and change settings accordingly.

:iagree: hope that hepls… my gamma wizard is located in the 1) control panel- click 2)appearances and personalization- click3)adobe gamma.