Would This Work? it even has files that i can download
HOW TO: Hotswap with XboxHDM v1.9
Just clarifying the situation. This is causing a lot of headaches so I'll make it as clear as possible...
This method will allow you to rebuild your Xbox HDD WITHOUT having your eeprom.
It can fix all software issues, including Error 16!
Ok, what do we need
- Torx 20 screwdriver
- CD Burner\Writer
- Xboxhdm v1.9
- Clean 5960 Dash files
All needed files can be found here...
Making the XboxHDM Disc
- Unpack Xboxhdm v1.9 to your HDD. It should look like this...
- Open the 'linux' Folder.
Download and insert the new Dash files (Link is above) into the 'C' folder.
Within the 'E' folder, make two new folders and call them 'TDATA' + 'UDATA'. Both these folders are empty.
Your folders should now look like this...
- If all is in place, navigate back to the original 'xboxhdm' folder and click on 'make-iso-win.bat'
- A DOS box will appear and make the 'linux.iso' file
- We now need to burn the 'linux.iso' file. We'll use Nero as our example.
*Open Nero and select 'CD' from the top right and then 'Burn Image To Disc'.
- Click the drop down menu for 'File Of Type' and select 'Image Files'. Our file will appear (assuming you are in the correct directory), select it and click 'Open'
- Burn the image as usual to CD.
Shutdown your PC, unplug the computers HDDs, leaving only the CD-Rom connected. The CD-Rom should be on the 'Secondary cable' (The other cable).
Power on the computer with the CD we created in the drive. If your BIOS is setup to boot from a CD, you should be greeted with this screen.
NOTE Should you have any issues with your HDD not being detected at a later stage, Turn off your PC, turn it back on and press the 'Pause|Break' key prior to the BIOS auto detecting HDDs. Perform the hotswap at this point, then continue the boot.
- Open your Xbox with the Torx Screwdrivers
HOW TO: Open your Xbox
- With the Xbox now open, unplug the Xboxs DVD drive IDE cable
- Power on the console and you should get an Error 12 on your screen
- Do not power the console off, unplug the Xbox HDD IDE cable and insert the one from the PC. Your Xbox HDD and your PC CD\DVD Drive should now be connected to your PC, nothing else.
- Press "1" and then Type 'xboxhd'
- We then want to press "1" again 'Build a new HD from scratch'
When it's finished, unplug the IDE cable from the PC and re-insert both Xbox cables (DVD & HDD)
Power off Xbox
That's it, you should now have a fully restored original Xbox.
Feel free to use my other guides to start modding again!!!
Please backup your eeprom, this will avoid further hassle in the future.