Thanks for your recommendation. I think it's about time to give a little summary of my crappy DVDWriter
For OPTODISCOR4 +R W@4x
No) Burning Firmware used, version, KProbe reading speed, Average PIE Average PIF
1) 1213S, TS0D, R@Max, 118.7 3.52
2) 1213S Patched, TS0D, R@Max, 430.9 77.57
3) 1213S Patched, TS0D, R@4, 174.4 5.88
4) 1213S @ Patched 1253S, CS09, R@4, 11.84 0.16
5) 1213S @ Patched 1253S, CS09 Blanked EEPROM, R@4, 8.49 0.11
However, I still got couple of question and hope some experts can answer.
1) KProbe tells me the PIF, Nero CD Speed tells me the transfer rate, but how are they related? For example, I got a disc with low PIF (Error), why it is still possible to get a crappy transfer rate? As during KProbe test, we usually got a smooth reading. Does that mean I may got POF? But I verified that the disc content got 100% no error via CRC32 checking.
2) Before crossflashing, I feel that the reading speed is higher, the motor sounds higher also. Is it due to firmware incompability or mechanical difference between 1653S and 1213S? Or just an optimisation of firmware?
3) Why can I burn DVD+R DL? Does that mean 1213S, 1633S and 1653S got similar mechanical design? Did anyone verify this before?
4) Will I get better second burned disc after I blanked the EPROM? Or just similar to the first disc?
I would like to thank all CD freaks for your comments and help! I guess Liteon should send you guys a appreciation letter as you stop me from returning the drive.