My Lite-On DH-20A4P stopped burning to DVD R drives

[qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the Lite-On DH-20A4P. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda]My dvd burner started asking me for all other dvd formats and rejecting the “dvd R” disks. Is there a reason for this ? It used to work till last week. I am using dvd shrink/Nero 7 to burn to dvd R Sony dvds.

@ sriramg,

Welcome to the Forum.

For clarification it isn’t your Lite-On DH-20A4P Drive “asking me for all other DVD formats and rejecting the “DVD R” disks”. It is the particular software program you are using (Nero v7).

It should be noted that the vast amount of Sony Branded “DVD R disk” are not actually manufactured by Sony but are subcontracted to various Media Manufactures who unfortunately produce poor quality problematic Media. Suggest obtaining known proven quality error free Media such as Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim Media which has an excellent track history of consistently producing quality error free results.

Regards,
bjkg

[QUOTE=bjkg;2208226]It should be noted that the vast amount of Sony Branded “DVD R disk” are not actually manufactured by Sony but are subcontracted to various Media Manufactures who unfortunately produce poor quality problematic Media.[/QUOTE]

:disagree:

Ridiculously wrong. Sony branded media is exclusively manufactured by one company, Daxon, using Sony materials and media codes. It’s outsourced to a far less degree than Verbatim.

While the quality of Sony media may not be at the same level as Verbatim, it is extremely inaccurate to depict it as poor and problematic. Sony is good, everyday media.

The poster obviously has some sort of software or hardware problem.

I personally have Sony (AccuCore) Branded DVD+R DL Media with MID Ritek D01 recently purchased from Wal-Mart which isn’t a Sony Media Code. I can attest that this particular Sony labeled Media is poor quality problematic Media.

I also personally have Sony (AccuCore) Branded DVD+RW Media with MID Philips 041 recently purchased from Staples and doesn’t have a Sony Media Code. I can attest that this particular Sony labeled Media is poor quality problematic Media.

Maybe in some necks of the woods Sony Branded media is exclusively manufactured by one company, Daxon, using Sony materials and Media Codes but in my neck of the woods that clearly is not the case.

Regards,
bjkg

Hi, I used to burn “DVD R” disks before. Suddenly It started rejecting this dvds. If it is a software or hardware problem, how to diagnose and troubleshoot it ? I couldnt access the dvd rom properties when I have a dvd inside the drive. It is freezing whenever I insert a “dvd R” dvd.