I bought this burner a few months ago (end of March) and it really worked fine with absolute no probs until 2-3 weeks ago. At first I was getting some coasters with Nero 220.127.116.11 (Track following error stuff) using Verbatim 16x, DVD+R, MCC 004. I thought maybe it was a bad batch while this one was about to finish so I thought that the discs at the bottom were defective or sumth. So I bought a brand new 50pcs cakebox but didnt open it right away. The problems kept appearing also with coasters on my CD-Rs (TDK CD-R80 burned always at 16x). The problem grew even bigger with my DVD-Rs not even be recognized by the drive most of the times. Tried blank discs from my almost finished batch and the brand new one I bought recently and I would say that 1/10 of the discs were recognized by the drive. So I thought it was time to flash the drive with the new 1.01 firmware at the LG website which I did today. But again the solution seems it wasnt there. So now I am at a point where :
- The drive hardly recognizes a blank DVD+R Verbatim 16x, MCC004
- However it does recognize already burned DVDRs either Verbatim or ANY
other brand (Using always Nero Info Tool)
- It did recognized a totally noname blank DVD-R with media code MXL RG01
- It does recognize blank CDRs - and 9/10 of the time, burns them too
- I havent managed to burn a DVD since I got trouble in recognizing them
Shall I take the drive back to LG for a replacement??
Or is it that I’m so unlucky that those 2 cakeboxes have defective discs?
PS Since I bought the drive I have always sticked to those media - Verbatim for DVDs and TDK CD-R80 for my CDRs.