MY LG GSA-H20L Burner is not detecting blank DVD+R -DL

Was hoping I could get some help. I am using Verbatim Dl discs. At first the drive was working perfectly. Then it became picky with certain Verbatim discs and would not detect them first round.

Now it appears it wont read any of my DL discs any more. It says there is no media in the drive. I am still able to burn DVD-R and CD-R at the moment.

I have attached an info tool of my drive… its the E drive that is the LG writer, I do believe the F is the Alc 120 virtual drive.

I have already uninstalled my ide drivers, and re installed using m$ standard ones.

I really am stuck for ideas.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

[QUOTE=Lowflyer89;1967138]Was hoping I could get some help. I am using Verbatim Dl discs. At first the drive was working perfectly. Then it became picky with certain Verbatim discs and would not detect them first round.

Now it appears it wont read any of my DL discs any more. It says there is no media in the drive. I am still able to burn DVD-R and CD-R at the moment.

I have attached an info tool of my drive… its the E drive that is the LG writer, [B]I do believe the F is the Alc 120 virtual drive[/B].

I have already uninstalled my ide drivers, and re installed using m$ standard ones.

I really am stuck for ideas.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

That is the problem, adjust the ALCOHOL settings, it should not ignore DVD media…

Hi, and thanks for your reply chef.

Unfortunately I was incorrect in the info regarding the F drive.

The F drive is not the acl 120 drive (that was the k drive which has now been removed along with alc, which still not fixed anything)

The F drive is a part of my drives that are for flash sticks, usb sticks, digital camera memory sticks etc. For some reason win explorer picks it up as a cd drive when nothing is in it.

So I still have all the same problems… but I have removed alc 120 out of the equation.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Open up devicemanager, uninstall all ide channels and restart.

Have done that!

Still nothing!!

Then try deleting the upper$lower filters, see my sig.

um, what if I said the upper and lower filters are not in my registry?