My laptop is blank! (Toshiba Satellite L300D-13S)

[qanda]This thread is about the Toshiba Satellite L300D-13S. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi all.
I was having a lot of problems with my laptop so i did all the available scans etc.
whilst it was configuring the updates after restarting the battery ran out and the power failed.
i restarted it again but it said there was no operating system.
I now have a blank laptop but no software.
Do i need to buy vista again to re-install it or have i properly broken it?:sad:

Remove all CD’s, DVD’s, memory cards and USB storage devices, then reboot your computer.
Assuming that your OS was completely gone, which is incredibly unlikely, the manufacturer would have bundled quick restore discs, or complete OS discs with the laptop. You will find a sticker with your license number somewhere on the laptop, generally underneath which is the least obtrusive location.

Many laptop manufacturers no longer provide backup discs with the computer. They have a partition on the HD that is used for restoring the OS or require you to burn your own backup discs. If you have this type of laptop and didn’t create backup discs then you might be able to get restore discs sent from the manufacturer.