My IDE1004 have much improvement after several firmware upgrade

vbimport

Dear all,

After my IDE1004 upgrade from 043 to 050, my drive become a great drive eventually. At first, from 043 to 048, the drive is so bad, always cannot burn a good disc. Always cannot read back or the last data cannot be read. Also, just few disc can perform a perfect burn. But now, 049-050, it can burn perfectly with the dvdr cannot burn before, and surprisely, it can support booktype and even can use at both -/+RW. (-/+R have not try yet, how to use this function at -/+R as it only burn one time) It can work at my xbox, ps2, my PC with all data read back.

Although I waste many dvd before and make me very angry. But now, it can support full speed burning, booktype, can read back all data, support all my dvdrom (xbox, ps2, pc…) So, just want to thanks BTC support(special to Macro) to have this improvement…

Chris

I second Chris’s response to Marco, while I have not had a single problem with my drive since purchasing it last November, the bit setting capability is fantastic! Again, thanks Marco and the BTC development team.

Dave

I also have had no problems with my BTC 1004 drive since I bought it in November 2003. My only annoyance is seeing the price of 4x drives (of all makes) getting lower every month since then.

I have updated my firmware from 043 when purchased, then 048 which marco sent me before release, then 049 and now version 050. Although I have never had media issues despite using 3 different brands of DVD-R, 2 of DVD+R, 1 of DVD-RW and 3 brands of DVD+RW media.

I was happy with the drive’s performance as purchased, and I still am happy now.

Originally posted by contrex
I also have had no problems with my BTC 1004 drive since I bought it in November 2003. My only annoyance is seeing the price of 4x drives (of all makes) getting lower very month since then.

But you’ve known all along, haven’t you, that the minute you install something new on your machine, it’s already out of date and two weeks later it’ll be completely obsolete. Spearheading progress in the industry won’t really pay.

And still we keep doing it. That’s life…

Regards, Martin A

Originally posted by Centurio
But you’ve known all along, haven’t you, that the minute you install something new on your machine, it’s already out of date and two weeks later it’ll be completely obsolete.

It has always been thus. In the last 2 years I have bought a Digital camera, cd writer, dvd writer, Athlon 2000 XP, Compact Flash card reader, printer, hard drives, all have got cheaper, or better/bigger for the same price.

512 MB of RAM still costs more than it did in 2002, and scanners don’t seem to be getting much cheaper.