My hl-dt-st dvdram gsa-4084n drive having difficulty burning dvd's

i have a hp pv5117cl today i burn a dvd image with Alcohol 120% a couple of hours later i try to burn another dvd and for some reason it just started acting up , it would not burn no dvd cd’s regular cd it does it without a problem but very slow in a case it started doing a dvd but way too slow that it then fail to continue if anyone know any solutions to this Thank you

Post a burnlog, that infotool info wont help here.

there you go

here they are

nero-burn-log-.txt (7.97 KB)

alcohol120-burn-log.txt (8.17 KB)

From your Nero log, DMA is showing as “off” for your LG.

Take a look at the link in my sig, to re-enable it. A quicker way would be to right-click your Secondary IDE channel in Device Manager (under IDE/ATAPI controllers), click Uninstall, reboot, and let Windows re-detect it (and the burner). It should then be in the appropriate UDMA mode. :slight_smile:

i uninstall secondary and retarted the computer when it loaded up i checked and DMA is on , i try burning a cd and again i get a error before after lead-in. here is the burning log

neroburninglog.txt (7.24 KB)

Thanks for the log :slight_smile:

Yep, DMA is on now :iagree:…a couple of things though: the media isn’t the best, I’d try some good media such as Verbatim. Also, update your Nero version, v7.0.0.0 is old and buggy :wink:

Since you’re burning 16x media on an 8x burner, I’m surprised that media (CMC MAG M01 mediacode) is supported at 8x at all.

i will try that but what i find kinda crazy is i been burning a couple of dvd on maxell 16x media without any problems but that last one i did , right after that it stoped working, but i will try diferent media and the burning software i also been using Alcohol 120% and ConvertXtoDVD when ever i do covert thats abut it , thank you very much for all your hep

i went ahead a purchase new media some sony’s dvd-r i was burning with Alcohol 120% and it started without a problem but after 35% it failed :frowning: here is the log

Newburnlog.txt (8.45 KB)

It looks like you may have to use 8x media, although I’m not good with Alcohol logs. It appears to be having trouble with any 16x media you use - might be time for a newer model burner. :frowning:

Maybe someone else has a better solution for you.

which one you recommend for a this hp pv5117cl

If that’s a desktop PC, then any of the newer LG drives should do nicely. I like the look of the H42N, read a lot of good things about it. :slight_smile:

its actually a laptop and i also have a desktop that im looking to buy one for provably gonna go for that one

Next time please fill the log with Asterisks everywhere its needed…
The ISO is not made by you.

###################### Source Disc/Image Information ######################
Type: Standard ISO Image file
Path: C:\Documents and Settings******************************************
Name: [B]dishon-300.ISO[/B]
Size: 4464.55 MB
Session: 1
Track: 1

Session 01:
Track 01: DVD, Length: 2285849(4.36 GB), Address: 000000
#############################################################################

It comes from:
http://www.releaseinfo.net/ri/?id_rubrika=4&limitmimo=0&idnewsmimo=14478&jazyk=cz#idd4763

thank you so much

i will try this driver