My HL-DS-ST-DVDRAM GSA-U20N can't burn DVD+R DL

vbimport

Hi,

The Firmware of my GSA-U20N is HC09. I have tried both Imgburn and Nero, and both got error after burning the first layer. Looks like they are not able to switch to layer 2. Is it a HC09 firmware bug? If so, any other firmware can be updated. I have seen other fulks talking about GSA-U20N “HX12” from Lenovo. However, I get an error “No drive detected” when I run the firmware update program.

Please help

Thanks a lot.

…because you have the wrong firmware!
You need one from lenovo of course.

And obviously the DVD+R DL you have used is low grade crap.

[QUOTE=chef;2611299].You need one from lenovo of course.[/quote]Why?

And obviously the DVD+R DL you have used is low grade crap.
Media quality issues are most likely, I agree.

Michael

[QUOTE=beebe1991;2610747]Hi,

The Firmware of my GSA-U20N is HC09. I have tried both Imgburn and Nero, and both got error after burning the first layer. Looks like they are not able to switch to layer 2. Is it a HC09 firmware bug? If so, any other firmware can be updated. I have seen other fulks talking about GSA-U20N “HX12” from Lenovo. However, I get an error “No drive detected” when I run the firmware update program.

Please help

Thanks a lot.[/QUOTE]

Getting that error is normal, since you’re trying to basically crossflash your drive from an HCnn OEM version to an HXnn OEM version.

If you want to crossflash your drive then you can do so using DevilsClaw’s Flasher http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46137.

Make sure you first backup your existing main and core firmware (and post a copy for us in here too since I haven’t seen that OEM one released yet) using Flasher, then use the -r command in Flasher to extract the main part of the firmware from the HX12 ‘exe’ firmware updater, and then flash that HX12 main part to your drive using Flasher and then finally perform a full shutdown. Flashing the core part is not necessary.