My headphone is not working

vbimport

I have installed two operating systems in separate hard disk on my computer.My headphone does not work properly with windows 7 os.But It works better with windows XP SP3.how can I over come this problem.plz advise…

when you boot with win7 does your audio work at all, i mean with regular speakers? or is it just when you use the headphones?

if regular speakers do not work either you probably should re-install the drivers for your audio device (I assume that you use the audio ports from the mainboard and not a extra installed audio card?).

Try unplugging and replugging in your headphone jack.

if you have higher end/more expensive headphones, you may need to crank up the volume more to drive the headphones.

If that doesn’t work try updating the BIOS and drivers for your computers.

Hi, welcome to myce!

You might have to disable your speakers, I have to.

Please elaborate “does not work properly”.

As in no sound, sound only from L/R channel, faint sound etc.

Since it’s working properly on Windows 7, I think there is no problem with the jacks and port. Check the settings of Windows XP.

[QUOTE=Tharanga1180;2686617]I have installed two operating systems in separate hard disk on my computer.My headphone does not work properly with windows 7 os.But It works better with windows XP SP3.how can I over come this problem.plz advise…[/QUOTE]

Your going to have to be more detail as to what you mean does not work properly in Windows 7. And what hardware and board do you have? We have none of those specs to see to know what exactly where to look for the problem to start at.