MY Frist forum i`m in need of help hope someone understands what i`m about to write

:sad: I turned on my compaq presario c551nr notebook I notice my optiarc-cd-rw
crx880a ata device driver would not load i tried the add new hardware option
the update driver opt. uninstall driver and reinstall driver still say corrupt or missing driver also tried system restore it was unable to restore any files anyone have any thoughts how this prolbem can be solved by me an idot
i would be forever in your det

ps windows vista home basic

Can you see drive in “MY Computer” if not,
Go into BIOS and see if drive is detected…just be careful not to change anything,unless you know what you’re doing of course!.. :slight_smile:

Hi granpamatt, welcome to CDF :slight_smile:

In Device Manager, is there an error code or a yellow exclamation mark next to your CD burner?

If so, please post the error code.

There is a solution that works on Windows XP, but I’ve not tried it with Vista.

@ OP ,sorry just noticed Vista as your OS, not sure if my response will help,as I have XP… But yeah as Arachne stated there is a fix in xp involves editing the registry…

[QUOTE=t0nee1;1878771]@ OP ,sorry just noticed Vista as your OS, not sure if my response will help,as I have XP… But yeah as Arachne stated there is a fix in xp involves editing the registry…[/QUOTE]

the same registry solution for XP also applies to Vista. Microsoft has a support article for it mentioning Vista here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461/en-us

btw - I also use the Sony CRX880a drive but on a Dell inspiron laptop