My flawed cd's

vbimport

Hi-I just don’t know how to properly explain this but will try. Some of the songs that I have downloaded (Frostwire) are unplayable. What happens is that all of a sudden the song is interrupted by a staccato-like, rapid, continuous and somewhat deep electronic sounding beep. It stops the music and goes da-da-da-da . I wish that I could explain the sound. Loud and very annoying. It usually lasts for several seconds then goes away and, at times, reappearing and at times not. Not all songs, but enough to ruin the cd of course.

I have an older Denon DCM-280 that works perfectly with purchased cd’s. I’ve tried my Nero 9, Ashampoo, Windows Media Player and nothing helps. I ordinarily use Memorex cd-rw’s. I almost purchased a new player yesterday out of frustration wondering if the player is picking up some minor imperfection and making a big deal out of it. The cd’s play just fine on my PC.

Any thoughts would be so appreciated. Thanks-alan

Unless it is Amazon or Itunes. Downloading songs you don’t own or purchased is something not advocated by this site. What it sounds like your getting is bad recording or poor made p2p songs. So best but buy the songs and then do what you want to them converting or changing to mp3.

It may not be advocated and I can understand that but when one is permanently disabled and literally poverty stricken the choices are limited. But thanks for your input

I ordinarily use Memorex cd-rw’s.

That sounds like the CD player is having trouble reading the disk. Is that the only media you’ve tried? Some CD players (especially older ones) dislike R/W, and Memorex is not famous for good media.

Thanks and yes I’ve only used the Memorex. I have Verbatim as my DVD’s but can’t use them on my player. Maybe I’ll buy just a couple cd’s from another manufacturer and try those. Who do you, or anyone, suggest?

Verbatim is good, TY is too. There’s a whole sub-forum here (http://club.myce.com/f77/) that rates CDs.

[QUOTE=daglue;2523090]but when one is permanently disabled and literally poverty stricken the choices are limited.[/QUOTE]Having no money is a poor excuse. There is lot of good free music on the web (–> www.jamendo.com). Nobody really needs “the greatest hits of (insert your favourite music industry representative here)”.

Michael

literally poverty stricken the choices are limited

Not as limited as before.

[QUOTE=mciahel;2523201]Having no money is a poor excuse. There is lot of good free music on the web (–> www.jamendo.com). Nobody really needs “the greatest hits of (insert your favourite music industry representative here)”.

Michael[/QUOTE]

I was simply asking a question about playback problems. I’m not well versed in these matters and thought that P2P sites were fine, but I guess not and won’t use Frostwire again. That said, I wasn’t interested in anyone’s opinion, or agenda, referencing my use of any site I choose for the music. In the future if I ask a question again, which is unlikely, I’d appreciate the responses to simply address the question.

Michael, rest assured that I'll give your opinion, and recommendation, all of the consideration it merits.

OlyTeddy thanks so much for your thoughts. I purchased some CD-R’s and made several recordings and not a flaw on any of them. A pain resolved and thanks again for your appropriate response!:clap:

daglue

I’m not sure how I missed this thread, but if you come back in please note that discussing copyright protected material that is downloaded without the permission of the copyright holder is not allowed on these forums.

This is not a judgment of your behavior, but rather [B]the rules of the forum.[/B] We follow Dutch law here, though our forum rules are slightly more strict than those seen in Dutch Home Copy law.

You should review these rules before posting again. http://club.myce.com/f34/announcement-rules-forum-some-tips-guidelines.html