My first -R 8x burn with the NEC2500A. Opinions?

http://speedlabs.org/forum/index.php/topic,362.0

Opinions?

If the image is not directly viewable to you…

Impressed, am I.

Looks good Zebra :bigsmile:
Here’s my CMCAF1 DVD-R at 8X

There’s plenty of 2500A scans to look at in the test forum. Needless to say, TY -R and +R at 8x are just plain perfect.

i live in uk and i cant buy Taiyo Yuden disks. they simply arent available in the uk. :frowning:

i think the best disk available in the uk is the verbatim MCC003.

Taiyo Yuden CD-R can be found fairly easily - especially if you’re willing to buy a spindle of 100 discs. blankdiscshop.co.uk are about the cheapest I know of.

Taiyo Yuden DVD products are rather more difficult to find - I don’t know of a good source of those in the UK.

David

may i ask a question?

whay does your selected drive show up as liteon 811s? is this caused from a hacked firmware you guys using? sorry for the dumb questions but its all new to me :bow:

if you’re thinking that these guys are hacking their 2500As to show up as 811S/411S, they actually own those drives (or maybe 411S@811S). kprobe only works with lite-on drives.

Originally posted by jstutman

why does your selected drive show up as liteon 811s? is this caused from a hacked firmware you guys using? sorry for the dumb questions but its all new to me :bow:

KProbe, which is used for the reading tests, only works with Liteon / JLMS drives. It works best with DVD-Writers as you can lock the read speed.

I’ll throw one in here. This one is from a few weeks back, TYG02 on the 2500A. Almost as good as this media is on the PIO 107D…

Wow, nice scan carl! :bigsmile:

I just came back from Best Buy with a 10pk of Memorex 8X DVD-Rs. According to DVD Identifier, these are rebadged CMC Mag AE1s but what I’m most worried about is the recording speed maxs out at 4x.

What firmware are you running?

More to the point - its rare, but remember, faked media codes do happen on rare occasion…

:iagree:

Originally posted by j00k
I just came back from Best Buy with a 10pk of Memorex 8X DVD-Rs. According to DVD Identifier, these are rebadged CMC Mag AE1s but what I’m most worried about is the recording speed maxs out at 4x.

The 8x -R CMC is not currently supportd by any drive, except maybe the Pio 107D.
http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91514

Originally posted by zebra
[B]What firmware are you running?

More to the point - its rare, but remember, faked media codes do happen on rare occasion…

:iagree: [/B]

I’m currently using the speed-hack firmware made by TDB v1.06.

I’m going to take these 10pks back tomorrow and return it. No use spending $1.60 a disc if there’s no speed boost :frowning:

Originally posted by j00k
I’m currently using the speed-hack firmware made by TDB v1.06.

speedhack usually refers to increasing the write speeds for media above and beyond the speed(s) set in the stock firmware.
TDB did not release a “speedhack” firmware for the 2500A.
You must be referring to TDB ripspeed unlocked firmware.

Originally posted by sunama

i live in uk and i cant buy Taiyo Yuden disks. they simply arent available in the uk. :frowning:

I don’t think so, Verbatim Pastels and Plextor are TY.
The subject has been covered in Media Forum.

Originally posted by wesociety

You must be referring to TDB ripspeed unlocked firmware.

My bad, that’s what I meant :bigsmile:

Maxell DVD-R are usualy TY media in the UK (look for made in japan on the box) but do you really want to pay £2 each for them?

[B]i live in uk and i cant buy Taiyo Yuden disks. they simply arent available in the uk. :frowning:

i think the best disk available in the uk is the verbatim MCC003. [/B]

U can order ur TY off blankdiscshop.co.uk or buy them instore in some maplins - thats where I got my first TYs. They were £3 each tho, so if u wanna spend that, knock urself out.

blankdiscshop.co.uk aren’t currently carrying Taiyo Yuden DVD-R or DVD+R so far as I can see - not even when branded as something else (like Verbatim pastel DVD-R). They do have MCC01RG20 4x Verbatim DataLife Plus inkjet printable in jewel cases, which write at 8x in a ND-2500A (certainly using the earlier 1.06 firmware). These discs cost 99p each including VAT (order code {DV 3050}) and I find them excellent.

blankdiscshop.co.uk do have CD-R (both plain silver top and white inkjet printable - I’m working my way through a spindle of the latter, which are excellent media).

David