My first question and I'm intimidated, Burning related

vbimport

Ok First off I’m very intimidated by the vast!!! knowledge here, it’s scary to an extreme newbie like me…

Ok I have a Samsung SV1204h DVD burner, My FIRST ever purchased!!! the guy said it would work well and was a good one to start and liked by those at microcenter, and he steered me away from higher $$ priced models…

I only use DVDshrink, cause its all I know andt’s easy to use,Today I tried to backup shaun of the dead, I wish I could recall the message I got but since I’m disabled I could’nt write what the message said, Down…

I Can tell you that the deep analasys took a looong time when its usually a minute 40 tops and the encoding seemed to go well and ran its normal time ,Oh Yeah the one thing I can recall is when I tried to burn it the thing I did get was, dvdshrink encountered a problem and urged me to close…

Again I’m a NEWBIE and am wanting to learn!!!, So I went to the folder that holds the encoded/info from the analasys/encoding, and In this chosen folder I saw only ONE, What is called a VOB file,that’s it, when Usually there are quite a few of them and quite a few IFO Files also, the IFO files seem to have color to them, When there ARE many of them, a DVD Backup IS created nicely, but todays Shaun of the dead, WAS’NT…

Also when trying to burn and before I got the message of a error, I was at I’d say 4-5% in and a reading of 55-56 mb?? sorry I can’t recall this name, but that number kept falling till it got to 33 and THEN gave me the error message, each and EVERY time I tried,3totalx’s I tried it!!!

So May I ask. What happened, how can I fix this? and What do I need to learn or maybe Download to avoid/solve any future problems I may experience…

Matt Who hopes??? he was fairly clear enough in explaining my problem, I Promise to try and learn and NOT sound sound stupid…

Yah!! I know how you feel :} go to http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=69356 this is site and most of the movie dvd back forum guides helped me. after reading some them, i also print them out and reread from time to time, i don’t have too many problems. i use dvd decrypter and dvd shrink and that’s it. i have nero and a few other things i spent cash on but these two programs are all i use now. keep reading forums and then asking questions and you’ll have no problems. By The Way WELCOME to cdfreaks :wink: CINDI

It can be pretty hard to tell what the problem is without a little more info (specifically what the error was). One thing that can make a disk take a lot longer to encode and then fail is if the disk is scratched or damaged (it takes longer because the drive is slowing down trying to read the disk and then it fails when it finally reaches a spot that it cannot read). What condition is the disk in?It doesn’t always take much in the way of scratching to cause problems.

Well Islander67, as a ripping tool DVDshrink is fairly obsolete now, [the guy who wrote/conceived it] ddlooping, is now working for Ahead/Nero.

And since DVDShrink never could, burn a disc, you need to explain and give more info 'bout what yer using and doin, before anyone can give some help.

mikyanto