My DVD's Seem to Die Over Time

Hello everyone, I am a newbie to this forum. I have been burning DVD’s for a while now and have done lots of research. After burning dvd’s and then going to watch them months down the road and finding that they will no longer work I did some research on why this was happening. I came to the conclusion that it was either the burner or the media. So I went out and purchased a Ben-q burner which was highly rated at the time (approx a year ago) and also started purchasing Taiyo Yuden DVD’s. I checked to make sure that they were authentic with a DVD testing piece of software and they were. So I thought well great, but I am still having the same problem. When I first burn the dvd everything seems great, I can watch it and copy it and everything else. But it seems that after time the DVD just dies. So here I am hoping that someone out there can point me in the right direction on what I should be doing or not be doing. Thanks.

Software can only tell you the MID of your discs , fake discs use fake MID , so your software may be reporting the fake MID.
The only way to be sure of your discs is to look for the serial in the inner ring of the disc , genuine TY media start with GG , GH , TG or TH
Please check the serial and post it

Welcome, spikr77 :slight_smile:

Where did you buy your TYs? If you look around the hub of the disc, can you tell us the hub codes that you see (as mentioned by minaelromany)?

They’re a little hard to see unless you hold the disc up to the light. :slight_smile:

Also, how are you storing the discs?

And are you putting paper labels on them?