My dvd/cd-burner become a read only cd after flashing NEC 2510a

[qanda]This thread is about the NEC ND-2510A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi I am pretty new to this forum and to flashing and updating my CD/DVD-burner. I dont know why I was should flash my nec 2510a whit newer firmware but it sounded like a good ide before I got this problem.

This is whats happent to my nec after I flasht it whit “NECWinFlash” and firmware from “Liggy’s and Dee’s modified NEC and Optiarc firmwares-webpage”
I did take the “Original NEC 2510 firmware 2.19”

It workt fine for about 3days then the dvd/burner has become a cd-player. And windows has name it to " _nEc DfDoRg nD-2%1 A ATA Device "

I cant burn any more cd or dvds. And I have try to flash it again whit NECWinFlash but give me message “No supported devices found”

Should I just blame my self for experementing whit stuff I dont know and thro the nec away or is there a way to fix this?

ps. have also tryed to take it out from the computer and put it back in after some time same problem.

Do you have dameon tools or someother program running?

Yes I do have Daemon tools lite installed on my computer but not running. DT creats a new CD/DVD-reader but does that conflikt whit a flashed Nec?

Becuase I always had daemon tools on my computer it never eas any problems before I flasht.

It wouldnt hurt to remove it and the virtual drive and see what happens.

[QUOTE=pfloyd1;2450493]It wouldnt hurt to remove it and the virtual drive and see what happens.[/QUOTE]

Did it nothing happens I also removde the Nec from computer and then put it back in (whit Deamon tools uninstalled) nothing the Nec is still a CD-player

You might check the IDE cable. From the name it’s giving, it looks like it’s dropping a bit. I think the IDE cable data transfer is 16 bits and if you lose 1 bit that affects every other letter in the name (plus all of your other data from the drive!).

[QUOTE=afecu;2450708]You might check the IDE cable. From the name it’s giving, it looks like it’s dropping a bit. I think the IDE cable data transfer is 16 bits and if you lose 1 bit that affects every other letter in the name (plus all of your other data from the drive!).[/QUOTE]

I check it serval times I also changed the IDE cabel to a brand new and it still dosent show up like it should. I also upgraded my bios and chipset. Hate my NEC driver :a:sad:

If the same happens with a new IDE cable, this could mean that one of the pins on either your drive’s or your motherboard’s IDE connector is not OK.