My DVD burners have doubled and I can't burn a thing!

I currently have 2 DVD drives:

1. ASUS DRW-0804P
  2. PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-112D
    and in bizzare fashion, they have somehow doubled themselves. When I open My computer, I see them like this:

The real ones are E:\ and F:, G:\ and H:\ are just copies.
    Now, that wouldn’t be such a problem, if I could burn disks. Since this happened, I can’t burn anything in Nero, CDBurnerXP, or any other program. The label of DVDs (or CDs) is also not a problem, because I tried with Princo and Verbatim. I’ve tried with Avast! as anti-virus, because I read somewhere that it could fix the problem, but the Avast! failed to find anything worthy. Now I am without any ideas what could I do next and I am asking for your help.
    Thanks in advance.

@ chadigol,

Welcome to the Forum.

Ensure that you don’t have any Virtual Drive software programs similar to Alcohol 120% and/or Daemon Tools installed. If so Totally and Completely remove any and ALL Virtual Drive software programs. Then in Device Manager under “DVD/CD-ROM Drives” remove ALL Devices that are listed. Then ReBoot your computer. When you restart your Computer your “DVD/CD-ROM Drives” should be correctly Re-Installed.

Regards,
bjkg

Hi :slight_smile:
Remove your drives via Device Manager.
Also try running something like ASC3.
See [B]ASC3 Free[/B]

To access Device Manager.
Right click on My Computer > click on Manage > click on Device Manager > click + by side of DVD/CD Drives > right click on actual drives > go to uninstall.
Then reboot & let Windows rediscover your drives.

Thanks for your help guys, but I have bad news. :frowning:

[QUOTE=bjkg;2310458]@ chadigol,

Welcome to the Forum.

Ensure that you don’t have any Virtual Drive software programs similar to Alcohol 120% and/or Daemon Tools installed. If so Totally and Completely remove any and ALL Virtual Drive software programs. Then in Device Manager under “DVD/CD-ROM Drives” remove ALL Devices that are listed. Then ReBoot your computer. When you restart your Computer your “DVD/CD-ROM Drives” should be correctly Re-Installed.

Regards,
bjkg[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the welcome.
Anyways, I removed Daemon Tools. Then I unistalled both DVD Roms from Device Manager and rebooted. When the Windows restarted it found both of my DVD roms, but twice. So now I am on the start again.
Also, I tried uninstalling my Secondary IDE channel from IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, but it didn’t help, either.

[QUOTE=zebadee;2310460]Hi :slight_smile:
Remove your drives via Device Manager.
Also try running something like ASC3.
See [B]ASC3 Free[/B]

To access Device Manager.
Right click on My Computer > click on Manage > click on Device Manager > click + by side of DVD/CD Drives > right click on actual drives > go to uninstall.
Then reboot & let Windows rediscover your drives.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip, but it didn’t excatly help me.
ASC3 found some things, I fixed them all, but it didn’t change anything. Also, I said, I tried unistalling my DVD/CD drives, but when the Windows rediscovered them, nothing changed. I’ve also tried disabling them, and then enabling them again when the system rebooted, but it didin’t change a thing. The only new thing is this:

When I disabled them, the two real drives really went “offline”, but the fake ones stayed “enabled” like nothing happened.

Could each hard drive be detecting the CD drives seperatly?
The left hand not knowing what the right ones doing so to speak.

The Windows XP is only installed on C:, so I doubted it. :s

Anyone? I’m really screwed… :frowning:

@ chadigol,

Have you ensured that ALL Virtual Drive software programs similar to Alcohol 120%, Daemon Tools, and/or Virtual CloneDrive and ALL Disk Image Emulator software programs have been completely removed from your Computer?

After ensuring that all Virtual Drive and Image Emulator software programs have been completely removed suggest completely removing ALL CD/DVD Burning Software Programs that might be installed on your Computer. Also ensure ALL ‘ISO’ software programs similar to ISOBuster/Magic ISO/PowerISO/UltraISO are completely removed from your Computer.

After ensuring that ALL of the above Software Programs have been completely removed from your Computer install the “SPTD Remover” and then run the “SPTD Remover”. Suggest reviewing the below referenced Web Page Link ->

Then after performing all of the above run a good ‘Registry Cleaner’ program to ensure all remnants of the above software programs have been complete removed.

Hopefully after removing all the above software programs your “Double” DVD Burner problem will be resolved.

Regards,
bjkg