My dvd burner not working---is it time for a new burner?

hello everyone,
im having a dvd burner problem,
im using vista windows and my computer is dell inspiron 530

i been copying movies on my dvd burner and recently,my burner is not letting me burn/copy movies from another dvd

i been using memorex dvd+ and -'s and the movie doesnt wanna copy on the dvd.im using roxio and when i copy a movie to another disc the coping of the movie finishes and when i play it on my dvd player/xbox 360/computer.the movie doesnt come out.apperently the movie doesnt copy to the disc.
i never had no problems before until now…
sometimes the movies does copy(and you can watch it on dvd player or computer/xbox 360) and some times it doesnt.

is this a sign of ,i need a new dvd burner?
i have burned over 400 movies on the dvd burner

or can it be i have a virus on my computer and its screwing up my dvd burner

please help!
thank you inadvanced

Welcome to the forums koca_mota.

Are you making copies of commercial dvds? Or are these some other type of video? If they are commercial movies, what decryption/ripping program are you using?

Memorex can be hit or miss on quality, and through their history they have changed suppliers fairly often, and without warning. Though they may look the same, the blank disks may not be exactly what you were burning previously. We generally recommend Verbatim as a safe choice for blank media, along with Taiyo Yuden blank cds and dvds. TY is harder to find at retail outlets however, though they are showing up again under the JVC Advanced Media name.

When you burn, do you get an error message from Roxio? Can you post a log file from one of the failed burns? There are not many of us who use Roxio for burning, including myself. I use a free program called ImgBurn.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2472675]Welcome to the forums koca_mota.

When you burn, do you get an error message from Roxio? Can you post a log file from one of the failed burns? There are not many of us who use Roxio for burning, including myself. I use a free program called ImgBurn.[/QUOTE]

kerry,
thanks for welcomming me to this site,

i dont get a error mess. from roxio at all!

i download a r5 movie from a torrent and i put that movie to a memorex dvd(which works fine/dont have no problems at all)…once the movie is put on dvd…ill watch the movie…movie looks fine…no problems at all…when i go to make an extra copy for my brother for him to watch…i open up roxio and copy movie,once its finished,my dvd burner tray opens,i put the memorex dvd inn and started loading,once it finishes…says complete and ill try it on my xbox/dvd burner or computer. and nothing happens.its still an old blank dvd…BUT,BUT.some when i look at the dvd the oposite site…its been burned and no movie shows up.

i started using gigaware radio shack brand…and sometimes it works…sometimes it will copy the movie and sometimes it doesnt…

this started happening,when this message started poping out …the message was:

ntvdm cpu has encountered an illegal instruction…somthing…dont remember everything

sorry for the long page and for my crappy writting

We do not provide support for pirated movies :wink:

Thread closed.