My dvd burner it's not burning

[qanda]This thread is about the HP DVD RW. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]hello! i have this problem since months ago.after upgrade to windows vista
from xp media center my dvd burner appears unknown
and recordnow dla was block for compatibility issue i download a compatble
roxio software and my burner start to recognize the blank media.
but don’t burn i have an error,update the firmware, check the regidit.
i don’t now what to do to make my driver burn again!
any expert help! will be help full the driver burn from the computer driver but just part of the file,or movie please help!

Not many of us who frequent this forum use Roxio. Let’s try a tool that we are more familiar with, called ImgBurn.

ImgBurn is a free burning program, which you can find here: www.imgburn.com

Try a simple burn of data to the drive. Follow this guide:
Imgburn starts in EzMode. Click on Write files/folders to a disc to start the process.

At the top of the window under Output, pick Device, not Image File. This will send the output to your dvd burner.

Next, look for a file or folder to burn to your disk. I’ve included a picture showing which icon to choose, depending on what you want to burn to a disk in this test.

Now, set your burning speed to 8x. Make a label, make sure you have a blank dvd in the drive, then click on the large disk icon at the bottom of the window to start the process.

What we want to see is the log file from this test burn. After the burn is finished, successful or not, click on Help. Then click on ImgBurn logs. This will take you straight to the log file, which you can copy and paste in your reply to us in this thread.

ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 - Log
; Tuesday, 16 June 2009, 15:40:24
; \****************************************//
;
;
I 15:36:36 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!
I 15:36:36 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)
I 15:36:36 Total Physical Memory: 523,096 KB - Available: 98,496 KB
W 15:36:36 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.
I 15:36:36 Initialising SPTI…
I 15:36:36 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices…
I 15:36:36 Found 1 CD-ROM and 1 DVD+RW!
I 15:40:23 Close Request Acknowledged
I 15:40:23 Closing Down…
I 15:40:23 Shutting down SPTI…
I 15:40:23 ImgBurn closed!
;
;

ths is the ifo!

Did you pick an .ifo file to burn? I was hoping to get a log file of a simple data burn…just to see if the drive is capable of burning at all.

Pick a file or folder that is NOT video…just something that will fit onto a blank dvd and see if it will burn successfully with Imgburn.

If you want to burn a dvd video with ImgBurn, pick the Video_TS folder as input while in Build Mode. Have the output go to Device (the dvd burner).

As you will find here.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=86750